Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubular_trekkie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2009, 05:44

Nothing much happening yet it would seem. No change in status on the order tracking page, no email sent to tell of its despatch...

Not very efficient are they?  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
neildmanthorpe Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 05:55

Called the sellers today - albums being dispatched tomorrow.

Very disappointed that fans go to site linked to MO himself and pay more and wait.

Lucky those who bought through Amazon.

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese .........
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 06:08

Quote (neildmanthorpe @ June 09 2009, 10:55)

Very disappointed that fans go to site linked to MO himself and pay more and wait.

Well that's something, I suppose.

Not all that great though considering Amazon have already sent them out.
To be honest, given the amount of lead time they've had with the signed pre-orders I was half expecting them to be sent out in time to arrive on the 8th June. That does sometimes happen with other (more efficient) retailers when a hotly anticipated item is released!

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 06:19

HI there, I thought there might be some reviews of the new remix by now given the album in all its forms was released yesterday. I am keen to know how the remaster sounds and if anyone is lucky enough to have a copy of the ultimate edition what the early mix is like. Anyone want to get the ball riolling who has actually listened to the new TuB Bells 2009?
Zinc
Profile PM 
RoguePlanetoid Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 06:49

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 09 2009, 06:08)

To be honest, given the amount of lead time they've had with the signed pre-orders I was half expecting them to be sent out in time to arrive on the 8th June. That does sometimes happen with other (more efficient) retailers when a hotly anticipated item is released!

I don't understand why they could not have dispatched it earlier - if they are dispatched tommorow, that will be probably after Thursday for me. I thought it would come today or tommorrow at the latest. Well at least I know the situation, was going to contact them myself so will wait for the dispatched email and post here so at least people will know what's going on!
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 07:22

I hope they don't go missing a lot of miscreants work for parcelforce... :(
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 07:29

Quote (neildmanthorpe @ June 09 2009, 11:55)

The bandstores.co.uk website isn't actually linked to MO - it was just set up on his behalf. And however it's fairly normal for online shops which are specialized in music [i.e. not like Amazon, which sells CDs, books, clothes etc.] to dispatch items later than their actual release date. Eil.com does it all the time. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 07:58

zinc somebody norty person has uploaded ultimate edition onto usenext  :p
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 09:02

More pics of the Ultimate Edition(not signed):
http://picasaweb.google.com/nikonll....ctlink#

My fav pic is this one:
http://www.mikeoldfieldblog.com/wp-cont...._10.jpg

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
valiado Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 11:03

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 09 2009, 06:08)

You have all reason!. It's a shame! The album`s in the shops, and we are awaiting! :(

Thanks for your information ;)
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 12:44

I got the "Collection"  from Shops today...  playing TB1  Stereo Re Mix...  It sounds Fresher   Hard to point to anything in particular... But you can tell its been tinkered with in a Nice Way  !! :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
maccafan Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 12:45

I got my copy ordered from Amazon delivered to me at work today, was rather surprised to see a sticker on the front saying Special Numbered Edition Signed by Mike Oldfield Limited to 500 Copies with ref 270 353-9 (04) below.

When opened up the pack there was a Certificate of Authenticity inside no 467 of 500 with Mike's signature, was not expecting a signed copy as got from Amazon at £62.

I assume it is a genuine signature, looks bit scrawly, Mike slants to the left and Oldfield off to right if any slant, has anyone got a scan of his signature to compare with, I cant scan in.

Marcus  :)  :)
Profile PM 
rony Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 12:52

Quote (maccafan @ June 09 2009, 12:45)
I got my copy ordered from Amazon delivered to me at work today, was rather surprised to see a sticker on the front saying Special Numbered Edition Signed by Mike Oldfield Limited to 500 Copies with ref 270 353-9 (04) below.

When opened up the pack there was a Certificate of Authenticity inside no 467 of 500 with Mike's signature, was not expecting a signed copy as got from Amazon at £62.

I assume it is a genuine signature, looks bit scrawly, Mike slants to the left and Oldfield off to right if any slant, has anyone got a scan of his signature to compare with, I cant scan in.

Interesting ....
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 13:08

And £20+ cheaper .....You lucky B****** !!!!  :(  :D
Profile PM 
maccafan Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 13:10

I just cant believe it really, fabtastic
Profile PM 
RoguePlanetoid Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 13:10

I originally pre-ordered from Amazon but when the email for the Signed copy came in I ordered it via the official website and once I got the email confirmation I cancelled my Amazon order - maybe I should have just kept that one open, as I pre-orders as soon as it was available via Amazon - oh well!
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 13:14

Just been replaying Side 2.. Indeed all the percussion around the Caveman seems much enhanced...   Nicer lead in to it.. Think this is a deff improvement on any other version out there..   :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 13:20

I don't believe it either .... :(
I refuse to believe it ..... :(
Your probably play Amarok next just so you can answer Mike when he asks ' HAPPY ? ' ....with 'TOO F***ING RIGHT I AM !'

:(  :D

By the way ....I'm not very happy ...still waiting for my signed copy ....that's costs £25 + more incl. £12 delivery charge !  :(
Profile PM 
valiado Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 13:53

Hi friends

Here in Spain (in FNAC stores) the Ultimate Box price is only ¡¡45,95 €!!

Regards from Spain ;)
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 09 2009, 14:50

Quote (maccafan @ June 09 2009, 12:45)

you serious? if that is true it would mean that some ppl who ordered signed copy from website might accidentaly get non signed one.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net