Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Side 3 - What's that sound?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hiawatha Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 31 2005, 21:05

I was just wondering what made that sound, or what is the sound supposed to be (if synth) in the long guitar solo in the middle of Side 3. This is the section called "Alteration" in Amarok Player. The sound, sort of a raspy cymbal / party buzzer sort of thing, is found in a few places, including the very end of this particular section.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 01 2005, 05:04

If I know what you're talking about, I'd say that's a cymbal being splashed a few times, and some chimes. How it was produced, I have no idea, but it sounds like a sound that was recorded once and used several times.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
DelfĂ­n Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 05 2007, 21:57

Yes, such a beautiful effect. I think I can tell a "rolling thing" with that fat sound, if you understand, as well as the cymbals. It's funny how, as far as I've been able to detect, the sound appears just one pattern later each time, until it reaches the end, and so it's when the part changes. I love 'Incantations' :)

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 31 2005, 21:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net