Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Shine solo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 04 2002, 09:40

I think the guitar solo to Shine is one of Mike's best ever,but i can't find the key it's in,can someone help?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2002, 13:40

Yup. Shine is a work of genius. This song demonstrates what a singular genius MO is: Write one of the worst songs in the history of song writing ( he wrote it over the phone to Jon Anderson apparantly ) but stick one of the greatest guitar solo's ever written in the middle of it. Have you seen him playing it in the video? Its just bonkers his hands are all over the place, how does that man do it??????????

ps On the subject of the video. Does anybody know why Mike should decide to have a shot of himself standing on some rocks with a wave splashing over him? Is there greater meaning to this or was he in need of a shower?     ;)
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2002, 03:57

btw.:
I never imagined that the 12" version of Shine, which was the only one I knew until I recently finally got the 'Wind Chimem' video, would be so different - IMHO smoother and, well, 'relaxed', while the version on the video (was this the normal single version, or yet another remix?) is a little more aggressive and 'rocky'.

Andreas
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Dec. 22 2002, 05:02

Yeah, the song really dosen't do anything for me, and neither does In High Places; these are dodgey songs to have a voice like Jon Anderson's on it. You are right, the solo is pretty good, i'll have to listen to it more.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2002, 07:54

I really don't like Jon Anderson's voice,don't know why Mike used him on his songs,i think Mike can sing better than Jon.

So,does anyone know the key the solo is in?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 23 2002, 16:09

G# major

Good luck!
Profile PM 
5 replies since Dec. 04 2002, 09:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net