Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Shadow On The Wall video< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bennyboy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 04 2001, 06:06

Am I alone, or does anyone else think the video for "Shadow On The Wall" is a laugh riot?

Mikey Boy standing about in a leather jacket glowering and trying to look all tough and mean is funny enough. But we also get a very sweaty Roger Chapman, looking like he's about to burst into tears at any moment, being harassed by a bunch of chicks with whips.

I just think it's hilairious.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2001, 06:41

I've only seen a 30-second clip of the video, a few months ago on an ABC quiz show, but what I saw had me in stitches. Mainly the inclusion of the "bunch of chicks with whips", who play no part in the song other than a few iffy backing vocals and bear no real reference really to the lyrics (or at least, don't enforce any reference). If your local TV station is putting out American drivel and you are in need of a laugh, put this on, from what I saw it's pretty good comedy. Although I didn't see much of Mike.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Archangel Foster Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2001, 09:10

Yeah, it's...
...dunno...
Profile PM WEB 
sunjammer Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2001, 16:52

I feel so deprived....here in the US, it's virtually impossible to find any MO videos. I'm quite envious of those who live in the enlightened parts of the world and can view the images he attaches to his music. The chances of MTV or VH1 (our video channels) ever playing an MO video are less than nil. But sure, they'll play Britney bloody Spears over and over and over, ad nauseum. It is truly disheartening to be an American with musical tastes that run so foreign.
Profile PM 
Alnilam Offline

Posted: April 27 2001, 15:46

Yeah, I also live in the U.S. and I didn't even know that there were any MO videos. Also, I can't get any of his concert videos here.
Region 2 Encoding (Europe, Middle East, and Japan only)
I also feel deprived.
-Alnilam

--------------
-Alni
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 08 2001, 06:04

I actually really dislike this video, ever since I had brought my Elements video to a shop with me as my family auditioned new video machines. I thought that I'd wound it to Sentinel (great video) but it was at Shadow On The Wall instead and I ended up just being embarrassed.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: April 08 2002, 16:02

is it just me or does Roger Chapman look constipated?...the video has aged terribly, i think it was a blessing in disguise that the song was not a hit in the UK, I would dread seeing that video on TV and trying to convince people that this was the most talented musician of recent times!...
Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Jan. 04 2001, 06:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net