Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Shabda - Excalibur., Shabda - Excalibur.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tamas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 23 2008, 19:03

Did anybody noticed that the guitar melody starting at 0.28 mp in Shabda track is taken from the unpublished Excalibur track from the album The Millenium Bell?
;)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 24 2008, 18:40

No, it isn't. :D Only the very start of the melody sounds vaguely like "Excalibur", the rest doesn't sound like it at all. That melody appears various other times in MotS (the first instance is a minor-key version at the start of "Animus") and it sounds very NewAge-ish/TresLunas-ish in MotS, while it sounds very Irish in "Excalibur". At least to me. :D And anyway, if we were really to count all the instances where Mike used a similar-sounding melody, we should at least include "Mont St. Michel" and the end of the "Boat" section of Amarok, from 28'31'' to 29'27''. Evidently this theme is hidden somewhere in the recesses of Mike's mind, and keeps popping up every now and then. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
tamas Offline

Posted: April 26 2008, 05:23

Wow... And I thought I have discovered something new... :(

A question: my brand new cd player makes some very short gaps between the tracks and, or more precisely doesnt move from one track to another comletely smoothly... Can I do something to solve the proble? (Except buying a new player? :)

thanks!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 26 2008, 16:17

It depends on what kind of CD player you're talking about. If it's a computer player, then there's most likely a software problem - maybe there's something creating a conflict with it, or mabye the software you're using to play the CD doesn't support gapless CDs. (I know for certain that Windows Media Player, up to version 11a, didn't - its latest version does.) But if it's a stand-alone player, detached from the computer (i.e. a piece of equipment that may be inserted into a rack), then you should definitely throw it in the dustbin and buy another one. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
3 replies since April 23 2008, 19:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net