Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: seperate tracks vs. connected tracks< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2002, 12:19

Does anyone have any idea as to how this album will be compiled together? Are all the tracks seperate from each other (like in Guitars, Voyager) ,or are they all connected (like in TB2, TB3, TSODE).

I prefer the tracks to all run into each other, like in TSODE. It gives the album a nice long continuating length. And if this album is supposed to be a "chill out" theme, i think 55 minutes or so of relaxing music should would be best in a row, not seperate.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 30 2002, 15:45

i like more seperate tracks...but it's not that bad if tracks are connected.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 08:31

I'm with TubularBills - I prefer the tracks all blended together. Paul from mikeoldfield.com says that the style is similar to SODE (he's heard Tres Lunas) so that leans more towards the album being connected tracks.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 11:25

Sweet!

- the blended tracks make the album flow so much better. could you imagine if the original Tubular Bells had 11 or 12 tracks and were all short and seperate from each other? totally would take away from the album's excellence. Some albums, i can understand being seperated because of songs (Heaven's Open), but i think for most of his work (instrumental, not vocal) the connected tracks are best.

--------------
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: May 28 2002, 06:50

i like it when tracks are mixed together, but that makes it hard to figure out what each song is.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: July 06 2002, 15:28

ok, well they are all seperate tracks, and there is like usually 1 - 3 seconds of dead silence between each of them. but all of the seperate tracks seem to flow evenly with each other. it's not like totally different things (Guitars), but they all have a common theme (TMB). it's pretty decent.

--------------
Profile PM 
5 replies since April 30 2002, 12:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net