[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sentinel, Electronica guitar featured< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 19 2003, 11:30

Hello,

I have done another cover (I hope good)
to explain the Electronica Guitar...it's that "noise" building up the atmosphere....I hope you will like it though it's sounding a bit too much electronica for this song...but well I like it ;)

hmmz
what more to say?

comments appreciated

target="_blank">http://rebirth.nd4spdworld.com/stuff....el2.mp3

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 19 2003, 12:18

i like this alot, nice sound on the pianos, one day i may make something that sounds this good!  :D   :)   ;)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 19 2003, 13:11

Thanks bugular tell ;)

it's all just training *gets red in face*

--------------
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: June 19 2003, 14:07

Hmm... you let out some flange on it there in the background at the end. Needless to say I'm confused and baffled again. :D

Nice little variation you do on the main theme you do there. Not bad.

You haven't made any serious 'sins' (I don't want to play a priest or guru, it's just an easy word to use) in the track, not with your sound and not with your harmony. I can point out some little sins, though. You put quite some reverb on the main theme. I agree it sounds ok, but you have to be careful the other instruments you use aren't gonna sound to naked. The 'guitary' sound you introduce at 00:47 and the 'organy' sound at 01:13 push the limit, I think. I feel it sucks some power out of the main theme.  I imagine them with some reverb themselves, or maybe the guitar with an little melodical theme. Or the two interacting with eachother, instead of sample them over almost each measure. Just some thoughts.

The whole piece on it's own gives me a feel of "Booster doing Sentinel". You seem to simply play around with the parts of Sentinel, instead of putting your feelings into it. Hmm... that might be because I don't get you style? Maybe, but I think it really lacks building up. It's just like 'Sentinel with not much going on'.

But again, no big sins. I think now it's time to focus more on how to put your ideas (which you clearly have and I even like some! ) together in a continuous, flowing composition.

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 19 2003, 14:46

well yes that's the problem why I don't put mostly my own compos up...because they lack a build up...
except the trance tracks...
there you can go quite mad...building up slow...and then boom and go straight into...

but my instrumentals suck :(

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: June 19 2003, 20:30

Ooo more reverb ;).

Seriously. Sounds like you used another MIDI as a reference, did you? You're missing a note in the piano part, I know that. And the acoustic guitar chord/sounds I hear are obviously supposed to be replacing the female breath-like sounds on the original. Something I know one of the MIDIs on this site did.

It is interesting. I like the guitar sound. But I have to agree with Ancient that it just sounds like not much is going on. Not much feeling. Just sounds way too laid-back. Much like Ommadawn 2003, though not as bad. The reverb definitly gives it a big empty feel. It clouds up a lot of the sound and makes it sound to distant. Kinda sounds like you're listening to music outside that's coming from inside a building.

I would suggest stop referencing off of MIDIs (if you are). Try to do it all yourself by ear. To me, it makes it sound more alive then basing off of someone else's interpretation. But then again, even if you do do it by ear you're still kind of basing it off of someone else's interpretation, being a cover and all.

Gj, though!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 22 2003, 05:45

thx for your comment brandon
but I can't do everything by ear :(

--------------
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: June 22 2003, 08:28

Neither can anyone who's starting out in music (I'm not saying you're starting out in music, I'm saying if you haven't tried, or tried enough, you definitly won't be able to). Give it a go. Keep trying. If you still don't get it, that's fine. But at least you try :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 22 2003, 08:52

yes I usually try to remove mistakes from midis by ear :-/

and I have a few times sequenced some really easy songs :-/ but :(

--------------
Profile PM 
8 replies since June 19 2003, 11:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net