Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Second thoughts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jools Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 23 2005, 15:22

I wondered whether any of you who disliked or were indifferent to "Light and Shade" had been won over and become fans of the album with the passing of time and repeated listening.

For my part I still think there are no excuses for Romance and Lakme but the rest of the album is excellent. Even Nightshade has grown on me, although it remains my least favourite of the remaining tracks.  

Also I think the introduction and "build-up" at the begining of Quicksilver, before the main melody kicks-in, is really exhilarating. What do the rest of you think?
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2005, 15:34

At first I didn't know what to think of it... Now I think it's genius!!
I almost hated Romance, now I think it's brilliant! It's even inspired me to go and buy some trance cd!! Sounds really good in the car!
Nightshade is one of my favourites! (all of those being on the Shade disc) :D

One album with only songs like Romance please, Mike  :p

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 23 2005, 18:49

The Light album.Although I'm a ShadeAddict, some of the beauty on some Light tunes has just appeared to me after a few listens in my car after a long day giving classes of Chemistry/Physics/Maths/Biology for high school's students.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Dec. 23 2005, 22:16

Hmm.... I really seem to get bored with "Our father", sorry! That song i have a break from. It must be because i played it alot he he..
If there should be some second thoughts for a better reason i would choice "Resolution". That screaming voice at the end is crap and screaming. Have a look here
and you know what i mean. There is more; vocalist of Resolution

So mike, if you tour i would looooooooove to hear this song, and then, with my hands over my heart. "please take the screaming voice away, if you do the song will be perfect!! I promise! A real good voiced woman could do it much much better!"

Im not the type to dont like L+S or the songs. But something is really gone bad on Resolution. And i pressed my self to like it and i still do, but the voice is like rain on a sunny day.

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
OldZitterhand Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2005, 18:33

Hi,
I learned to like some compositions of the album (tears of an angel, resolution, surfing), but most of the tracks leave me somewhat ... I don't know. Maybe the 'digital' way Mike's work is taking does not give me what I want. On the other hand I first got to know Mike with the Songs of Distant Earth, which I began to dislike few years later and recently started to love again. So I think (apart from some of the - in my opinion - eightyish stuff from the 80s, only found a jewel here and there) this is again one of the albums I'll adapt to now and then. Thumbs up? Yes. Not because I like it, but because it makes me listen to the music. I heartily dislike Tres Lunas, the only album I regret to have spent money on. But 'midi-wise' L+S is years ahead of TL...

And Tubularman: You're right on the screaming, I have to admit...

Greets.
Oliver.
Profile PM 
MO fan Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2005, 19:22

If 'Resolution' had been on the U-MYX format as four of the songs supplied, you could have taken out the vocals and then copied it on CD-R.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Dec. 23 2005, 15:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net