Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Second Life Mike Oldfield Meet-ups, Saturdays @ 12PM PST/8PM GMT< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 06 2010, 12:42

Members of the Mike Oldfield Forums have known about the tubular.net presence in Second Life for quite awhile. This message especially goes out to everyone else, including the 10,000+ Tubular.net fans on FaceBook.

Tubular.net has started to host weekly meet-ups on Saturdays from 12-1 PM PST/8-9PM GMT.  The locations of the meet-ups may move around inworld, but for now we're at Vigdorova 151,75,93. To reach the sky house, use the teleporter near the stones: click on the spinning ...lavendar disc; or, IM Morrighan Heron for a TP. To join the Tubular.net SL group and receive future announcements, search under Groups for tubular.net or Mike Oldfield.

Hope to see you there!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Tenebrous Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 06 2010, 13:17

Oooh... I wasn't aware you had a presence in SL!  A reason to start logging back in again :D
Profile PM 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2010, 07:34

Just when I thought nothing could outgeek WoW haha

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
Tenebrous Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2010, 10:44

I play WoW too...  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 13 2010, 10:32

I've not played WoW, so am not quite sure of the differences in functionality. Purpose-wise, there are games in SL, but it's primarily a multi-user virtual, perpetual environment, imagined and created by the residents. It uses the Linden Lab platform/backbone and scripting language. There is much music and many events. Art, museums, but also Roma, medieval, and vampire sims. Colleges are increasingly using it for distance learning, and I initially ended up there with my former library system to investigate libraries in virtual worlds. Three years later, I am still involved as a volunteer with one of their original projects, but tend to spend a certain amount of time hanging out elsewhere.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
4 replies since Feb. 06 2010, 12:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net