[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Searching musicians around MO / TMB< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
seliador Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 03 2000, 16:51

Hello!

1st: Sorry for my bad (weak?) English.

2nd: I am searching some information around some singers you can hear on TMB by MO.

They're Nicola Emmanuel, Miriam Stockley, Pepsi (?) and Camilla Darlow-Girl Soprano (?).

I searched in the Internet and some music stores for them - but I found nothing. So I hope somebody out there can give me hints to find out more of them.

Also I wonder, who is the singer who sings in TMB, 'Amber Light' the words 'Amber Light' ???

Seliador
Profile PM WEB 
liron Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2000, 03:35

dear seliador,
i know about "pepsi" or whatever she is called, she's from a spanish band which name i forggot.
but you'll be surprised to find that miriam stockly is the lead singer in "adiemos". you'd be more than surprised to hear the resemblance that MB and ADEIAMOS have in musical style (i myself find it very revolting, and nearly barffed all over the floor when i heard it). but you can't argue about taste can you?
so if you've liked MB i'd suggest youd buy all three albums by ADEIAMOS (adeiamos I, II and how surprisingly - III).
enjoy.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 09 2000, 10:34

Just in case anyone has trouble finding Miriam Stockley's album(s), it's spelt "Adiemus".

I think she also did a solo album, but I haven't heard it.
Profile PM 
liron Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2000, 08:04

adeiamos adiemus - whatever... it's low grade pseudo "world music", and as such it sucks in ways i can not describe.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 16 2000, 18:39

Hi, Seliador.

'Pepsi' is Pepsi Demacque from Pepsi & Shirley. They used to be the backing singers of George Michael & Andrew Ridgeley's Wham! and they had a huge hit in the late 80s with "Heartache".

Nicola Emmanuel and Camilla Darlow are classical singers.

"Adiemus", i.e. Miriam Stockley, is not 'world music' but rather a Celtic / New Age kind of style. (Do you know Enya?)

As for David Serame...well, I've never heard of him!! smile

P.S. Where are you from? Spain?

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 16 2000, 18:44

Oops! I forgot...

Seliador, the "Amber Light" singer is Nicola Emmanuel, double-tracking the same melody.

Miriam Stockley is the lead voice in the African choir. (She is of African origin.)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Cipher Offline

Posted: April 19 2000, 04:32

Pepsi doesn't sing in any spanish group, Liron. You're wrong, sorry. The only person that aproaches that description is Rosa Cedron. She sings in a Galego/Celtic group called Luar Na Lubre. You can listen to her in The inner child in TB3 and playing chelo in other parts of the TB3, its her prefered instrument.
Profile PM WEB 
seliador Offline

Posted: April 19 2000, 05:43

Hello!

Thanks for all the infos, espescially about Nicola Emmanuel and Pepsi.

The Adiemus-albums are ... boring I think, but I heard one song by Pepsi Demacque and it's great!

Benjamin

P.S.: I'm German.
Profile PM WEB 
sally Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2000, 16:59

Hallo seliador oder Beniamin!
Ui!Ein deutscher Mike Oldfield-fan...Woher denn genau wenn ich fragen darf?
Was,Du hast ein Lied von Pepsi Demacque gehört?Wo,wo,wo?(Pepsi solo?) Ich find sie super!Hab sie letztes Jahr auf der Then&Now tour gesehen und gehört.Shadow on the wall war spitze.
Eine Antwort wär toll!
Gruß aus München. Sally
Profile PM 
Dervish_D Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2001, 18:00

IMO, Pepsi war das/die Beste an dem Konzert. wink
Profile PM 
seliador Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2001, 10:59

Hi Sally!

Ich komme aus Bochum.

Das Lied von Pepsi das ich gehört habe trägt leider keinen Titel bzw. ich habe ihn nicht!
Ich fand das Lied mal zufällig auf einem MP3-Server. Solo und ziemlich ... seltsam.

Außerdem halte ich momentan Ausschau nach Pepsi als Support auf Konzerten anderer Musiker, wenn sie schon so nicht auf Tour zu gehen scheint, habe aber auch da noch nix gefunden.
Profile PM WEB 
10 replies since Jan. 03 2000, 16:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net