Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Schiller, Christopher von Deylen's Wonderful Music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 04 2005, 15:06

Since Christopher von Deylen(aka Schiller) worked with Mike on L+S I went to his webbie - Schiller-Musik - and you 'll find a player where you can listen to some of music he's created.

I enjoyed so much what I've heard and got the chance to listen to Leben,his latest album.It's very nice,very atmospherical,sometimes it reminds me of the sound of Tangerine Dream and Delerium in terms of musical landscapes.Very interesting and nice to know that Mike was impressed with von Deylen's work.

Now I'm looking foward to hearing Tag und Nacht(Day and Night) with Mike's imput :)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 29 2006, 00:35

I had ordered both Tag und Nacht and Voyage weeks ago.  Still waiting on T&N, but Voyage arrived yesterday and I am loving it! Tati, you're spot on with your comments about the atmosphere and musical landscapes--applies to Voyage, too! Very enjoyable, indeed! BTW, one of the pieces contains a chant that sounds very similar to a Dine sunrise prayer--I love the way that it has been blended with the music. Lookin' forward to T&N!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 

Posted: Jan. 29 2006, 09:43

Well,I've got all the 4 albums by Schiller - Zeitgeist,Weltreise(Voyage),Leben(Life) and Tag und Nacht(Day and Night) and I'm really proud of getting to know Christopher von Deylen's works.

T und N is very nice,not just because Mike is playing there on Morgentau. Jette von Roth does a great job as a featured vocalist,especially on Der Tag...Du bist erwacht. Berlin Bombay is another fav of mine too. On the T und N special version which comes with another CD,the biggest surprise comes from Tarja Turunen(formely of Nightwish) singing lead on Tired of Being Alone.Different style of singing from her.

One thing to add: Voyage has got a DVD which was released on the US by Radikal Records.I've got it also and it's very nice to watch the Voyage video album,which feat. images from all over the world + Schiller's very first concert.

Schiller rocks!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2006, 20:55

Thanks, Tati, for the info! I will look for the DVD. My new thing is to spin, chat, read forums, and watch music DVDs at the same time--that would fit in perfectly. :D Hopefully, just maybe, T&N will arrive soon!

--------------
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2006, 05:40

Is the album with Mike out yet or not? How many tracks is Mike on? Is it better than 'Light And Shade'?
Profile PM 

Posted: Feb. 13 2006, 07:01

More stuff on the subject is on this topic !

I do enjoy a lot Schiller's music,and thanks a lot Mike for discovering Christopher's work,as well as the both collaborations that were just ab fab(Nightshade + Morgentau) !

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: April 05 2006, 22:40

Heh! Arriving "soon" meant that it finally appeared the day before I left for Boston, on March 16th. Unfortunately, the UPS guy placed it in a chair on the porch that I seldom check, so I didn't get it until after I returned, a couple weeks later. I've been spending a lot of time with the CD this past week (still haven't listened to the supplemental material). It's great and I'd really recommend it. Funny (ok...clueless! ), but I was so engrossed in the music that I momentarily forgot Mike contributed to the CD. When Mike's collaboration came on I thought, "That sounds s lot like Mike Oldfield. Oh yeah. Du'h."  ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: May 22 2006, 09:36

Has chicane any relation with shiller?
please answer!

thanks

--------------
Reaching through the dark, do you have to go??
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2006, 12:16

After the collaboration with mike i find von deylen's music very interesting although i was never heard of him before!

i bought all schiller albums and i am continuing in selecting and his dvd's!

1.MIKE
2.SCHILLER

This is the order of my favorite artists!
I find schiller's music very mikeyyyyy

Any of you?
Any info about schiller?
Thanks
Paris Greece
Merry Christmas

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Dec. 26 2006, 11:35

www.schiller-musik.de for more details on Schiller...there's also a english version of it...

I do like Schiller a lot :D

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2006, 21:11

Have to agree there--I've really enjoyed getting to know his music this past year.

(p.s., merged a couple of Schiller topics)

--------------
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Dec. 26 2006, 22:05

"Sonnenaufgang" is still one of my favorites...
Voyage - "nocturne" is a norwegian song :)
orginal played by "Secret garden" winner of Euro-vision one time in the past.. I have they're signature, i know some of they're family. They was my neigbour in a place called Solløkka in Sandefjord. I'm really talking about the Løvland family not Schiller, but still something to be a little proud of hihi... :p

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2006, 22:27

oh.. i found this video on the net

have a watch, you will love this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqF9iqBZKv0
it is nocturne, live by Secret Garden :)
This song can really make you cry....

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2006, 09:14

Is the album with Mike out yet or not? How many tracks is Mike on? Is it better than 'Light And Shade'?

Mike means so much too me.
but sorrry for telling this but i find "tag und nacht" more powerfull album!

expecially "falling"

mike you must find a producer (like) von deylen for a upcoming album!

you are always in my heart :)  ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2006, 09:25

one question more!

is this album "prologue"a schiller album or not??
i have just order it!

any schiller info more? :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: June 29 2007, 21:26

Good news from Schiller(especially who lives in America);

- Tag und Nacht is going to bereleased in the US as Day and Night and all the titles were translated from German to English

Preorder here:
http://www.amazon.com/Day-Nig....3&sr=8-

-The Tagtraum DVD is going to be released also in the US as Day and Night Live,with the same content as the European version:

Preorder here:
http://www.amazon.com/Day-Nig....7125&sr

- Day and Night Microsite(with a new small pic of MO):
http://www.schillerserver.de/dayandnight/

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: June 12 2008, 03:20

Schiller with LangLang
Schiller.tv
Nice track  :)
It will be on LangLang's new album "Dreams of China"

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 12 2008, 18:25

Well, if only he'd stop using German lyrics and write only in English, I'd like him a lot more than I do. Okay, he's German, and by this I don't mean any offence to any Germans in here or to anyone else, but I really hate the way German language sounds. A friend of mine who sings opera as a soprano told me that German only sounds good when it's sung. Well, I don't agree - to me German sounds ugly when spoken and when sung. I've heard Mozart's fantastic aria "Der Hölle Rache" sung in Italian, and it sounds much better to me than in German. That's why I wish that Schiller would only write in English - I find the sound of the German language completely, utterly unsuitable to the kind of music he makes.

Okay, rant over. @ admins, you may delete this post if you wish.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: June 12 2008, 21:36

he he interesting Ugo..
But i dont mind German language sounds ;)
I like hes stuff very much..

Do he work on some new mike mixes? Or have i been dreaming.. I think i remember something.. but not 100%

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 12 2008, 22:33

Quote (Ugo @ June 12 2008, 20:25)
Well, if only he'd stop using German lyrics and write only in English, I'd like him a lot more than I do. Okay, he's German, and by this I don't mean any offence to any Germans in here or to anyone else, but I really hate the way German language sounds. A friend of mine who sings opera as a soprano told me that German only sounds good when it's sung. Well, I don't agree - to me German sounds ugly when spoken and when sung. I've heard Mozart's fantastic aria "Der Hölle Rache" sung in Italian, and it sounds much better to me than in German. That's why I wish that Schiller would only write in English - I find the sound of the German language completely, utterly unsuitable to the kind of music he makes.

Okay, rant over. @ admins, you may delete this post if you wish.

Mike himself hates that gutural sound that German language has...it seems you force you throat to speak,it's hard for me to deal with,but I'm doing fine during my German classes,since brazilian portuguese is full of nasal sounds.

But I like Schiller's tunes in German,very very good(= auf Deutsch,sehr sehr schön)  ;)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
31 replies since Sep. 04 2005, 15:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net