Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Saxophone< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 24 2008, 19:17

"A new [computing] platform is like a new musical instrument. You can transpose existing music for it, or write new music that exploits its unique expressive power. The saxophone, for example, solved two problems: it provided better coupling and impedance between the reed and the air mass; and the mechanics offered better, faster fingering and a wider range of notes. You could play Bach fugues on a saxophone (rather nicely) or explore the then-emerging genre of jazz." - Jean-Louis Gassée

"I don't like the sound of saxophones. It sounds like a fart. To my ears." - Mike Oldfield
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 24 2008, 19:30

sax-guitar? = farts?

yes

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: June 24 2008, 20:16

LOL

Coxhill.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: June 25 2008, 00:35

Yeah, I heard that comment years ago, then wondered why he used sax in "Music From The Balcony". Never got an answer. I guess it was pressure from above.....or below.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 25 2008, 03:13

Quote (Scatterplot @ June 25 2008, 05:35)
Yeah, I heard that comment years ago, then wondered why he used sax in "Music From The Balcony". Never got an answer. I guess it was pressure from above.....or below.

:laugh: When nature calls it`s always best to let it out imo.At least he had the decency to go out onto the balcony to do it.
Profile PM 
4 replies since June 24 2008, 19:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net