Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Saturday is St. Patrick's Day< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 14 2012, 03:26

I'm thinking about having a little celebration for St. Patrick's Day this year. I will listen to some Irish music (folk and otherwise) and have a Black & Tan or two (Guinness and Kilkenny / Smithwick's). I'm not sure I have any green clothes, but if I find something, I'll wear it. I also recently discovered another Irish "treat" which I'll make sure to avoid: the "Belfast Carbomb", which consists of a shot glass of Bailey's which is sunk into a glass of Guinness and has to be drunk immediately to avoid coagulation of the cream. Yuck!

I'll also probably make a full Irish breakfast for my family, though not for breakfast! I can only stomach that in the morning when I'm in Ireland! :D

Any other suggestions?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2012, 05:16

A half pint of Guinness + sausage with colcannon at my local is fine. No green clothes at all because of my fundraising challenge(have to wear blue t-shirts during prostate cancer awareness month here in the UK).

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 14 2012, 06:58

I'm prone to sticking on Van Morrison and the Chiefton's Star of County Down but thanks to Tati I now have two things to do.... :D

Seriously though good luck with the fundraiser
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2012, 07:23

Quote (Milamber @ Mar. 14 2012, 12:58)
Seriously though good luck with the fundraiser

Indeed, good luck!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2012, 12:01

Luckly I've got a MO blue t-shirt that I'm going to wear on the day!

Further details on my fundrasing challenge - just PM me.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2012, 16:11

Quote (Holger @ Mar. 14 2012, 09:26)
have a Black & Tan or two (Guinness and Kilkenny / Smithwick's).

You never stop learning. Looks like the Irish don't like it being called that, and for good reasons.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 14 2012, 03:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net