Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Romance< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DarkenedEdo Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 21:04

Someone got to tell me why he made this song.
I will duplicate the cd without this track. It's impossible to listen to.
All the rest is nice, but i'm still waiting to the return of the real Mike Oldfield. He's still the number one for me, and i'm very sad about his musical crises.
It seems to me he's tired. The arrangement are made quickly, using a lot of preset sounds and ready-to-use loops. I think it depends on the new studio setup.

I know i'll have the entire forum against me, but this is my thought. And, i repeat, don't forget Mike is my favourite musicians.

Anyway, dear Mike, thanks for this album, and many many thanks especially for Angelique and Our Father (i was tired to throw keys to the birds only to listen to it). Musically talking, you're "Our Father".

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 21:27

heh... yes i know you can feel a little dissapointed here.. But this is not the first bad album if i can say it like that. Have some forgot  the horrible earth moving? I think this album is the worst. Light and shade is better and more better! I think L + S is better than Millenium bell and voyager, heavens open, killing fields, incantations...
I think and now that he will do i much better in the next album. I have a feel that it will come next year actually. I dont think hes career is over at all. Most of them i know love this album. He gets more new fans now. (here in norway and my friends, is them i mean)
This is new for him and the next cd will be better..

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Tas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 00:31

Personally i like romance and its one of my fave tracks.

I think it goes to show we all of our tastes. :)
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 01:07

I like Romance too. Haven't heard the whole album yet so can't comment further but I have heard 6 tracks in full and I like this.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Cinos Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 02:16

Um, I don't really like it. One of the weaker points on the album. Suffice to say Mike should leave trance to the trance producers.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 07:06

It sounds to me like in Romance, Mike is having a good-humoured laugh at himself and guitarists in general.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Sep. 29 2005, 21:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net