Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Roland SH-2000?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 07 1999, 07:54

On early pictures with Oldfield (around the time Tubular Bells was made) I see some pictures were Oldfield has put all his instruments over the floor (especially with the Boxed pictures). On instrument is a little synth. Is that the Roland SH-2000?

I do know that he used the SH-2000. I have already mailed the webmaster for the instruments list. Does somebody know what synthesizers those were on the "In Dulci Jubilo" video clip?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 26 1999, 23:28

What you're seeing is probably the Solina string ensemble (its the one nearest the grand piano in the Boxed pics). If you want to see the SH-2000, I found a picture at http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/sh2000.html and there are probably plenty more.

I'm pretty certain the Solina is one of the keyboards in the video as well. I'm fascinated by the semi-modular synth you can see in one of the Boxed photos...I'll let you know if I find out more about it (or let me know if you know anything about it).
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 25 2000, 17:25

You are certainly right!! smile

After some more experience with synthesizers I saw it was an ARP solina string ensemble.
You can see the word Solina in the synth..

I read those Keyboard interview with MO, and
he talked about his ARP 2600. Well, look in the Boxed pictures and you'll see the
ARP 2600 smile smile

Blue Dolphin

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
2 replies since Nov. 07 1999, 07:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net