Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Review of Tres Lunas from Norway< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
morten Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 12 2002, 04:56

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2002/06/11/337186.html

Most of you people don't understand Norwegian so I will try to translate it.

"MO has discovered that the modern chill out-heroes do something that is not so far from the mix of acoustic instruments and symphonic sound that he did himself 30 years ago.

Now he tries to catch up with his followers to prove who's the origin. The undertitle is "chill out", but the title is only partly fulfilled. Much of the excitement in the well-produced music is lost.

Instead of this, as usual Oldfield delivers charming, repetetive and harmonic melody fragments. But the music lacks excitement and development. It's sounds nice, but nothing more than that. The hit "To be free", with sister Sally, is a good example of MO resistless attempt to seduce the listener. The chill-out genre is a difficult balance between originality and banality. Unfortunately MO falls down on the wrong side"

(I'm sorry to say it but I agree with a lot of it)

Maybe we could have reviews from other countries too. Nice to know what other people think of it. (If you dare!!)

Profile PM 
0 replies since June 12 2002, 04:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net