Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Review of TMB in Australian Rolling Stone Mag< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bennyboy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 29 2000, 06:27

Have any of you guys checked out this review of "The Millennium Bell" taken from Australian Rolling Stone? See what you think:

Mike Oldfield is a pretentious dumbass and his records are full of shit. The fact of the matter is any dolt with a few hours to spare and the right tools at his command could write this turgid music (why they would want to is another issue...). What is more disturbing is Mike's ugly, limited notion of "world music", and more importantly, world history. The details of Mike's so called research for this nonsense described on the sleeve are comedic. Trash. Avoid.
RATING: 0.5 OUT OF 5

Hmmmmmm, pretty damning eh? what do all you guys think about that?
Profile PM 
rosko Offline

Posted: July 29 2000, 08:47

It's best to keep posts in one forum only. Otherwise you get replies in multiple forums and discussion gets complicated.
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: July 29 2000, 09:43

Originally posted by rosko:
It's best to keep posts in one forum only. Otherwise you get replies in multiple forums and discussion gets complicated.

Yeah, sorry. Like I've said elsewhere I'm new to this sort of thing anyway. This was probably the wrong place to put up such a review anyway. Please accept my humblest apologies.

Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 19 2000, 10:22

No need to apologise Bennyboy, at least, not for putting up the review for comment.

Question: Why hasn't Olivier put this in the articles section, can't fans bear to see any criticism of their hero?
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 19 2000, 19:17

In which other forum is it??? (I can delete it, so we keep it in one forum only.)

I was not aware of this article. I usually don't put negative articles in the articles section. At the beginning, it was mainly an interviews section, and I didn't want to put reviews, then I added some reviews. For now I feel like not publishing negative review, but feel free to post them in the forums, this way they are more hard to find, a bit hidden.

What I might do is add a section so fans, well anybody, can post their review. When you are a fan, yo often find that journalists' review suck and that they don't know what they talk about. I think fans' reviews are more interesting than journalists' reviews. For interviews, it's another story. You need experience to do a good interview, and fans are not necessarily good at that. (But Gareth's interview is great. http://tubular.net/articles/95_06.html )
Profile PM 
4 replies since July 29 2000, 06:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net