Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Remind you of Amarok?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 22 2005, 01:09

I've been listening to TMB and Saqsaywaman (the promo version) and I've come to realise it's quite similar to Amarok. Maybe not in complexity and non-sequencness, but the constant switching from one style to the other and that african beat in Liberation/Emancipation coupled with the big climactic finale at the end bringing all the themes from the whole album together at the end it just strikes me as very similar to Amarok. They were also both created at the end of a decade.

You may now begin stoning me.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 22 2005, 02:35

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Nov. 22 2005, 01:09)
You may now begin stoning me.

Yep, we will  :p

No, serious, some parts do feel a little like Amarok, like that Liberation bit, yes, but other parts: no
It's not as crazy, interesting and funny.
Amarok  :D
Millennium Bell:  :/

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2005, 10:29

Well, "Liberation" samples the drum beat from Amarok, just like Tubular Bells III samples 'Shadow On The Wall', 'Moonlight Shadow' and Ommadawn, correct? To me, that doesn't demonstrate similarity; just... ehh... something.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2005, 10:42

Yes I knew Liberation sampled that beat, but it's not just Liberation. To me it's the whole concept of the album. I know they're completely different. But they're also very alike. I don't know.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2005, 18:06

I agree with Brandon here that the Millennium Bell album concept may be a little bit Amarok-ish, but I thnk that TMB is a bit too loose and the tracks are too disconnected from each other to really remind me of Amarok. If they were connected [musically connected, I mean, not segued... I hate single tracks being segued!! :)] - i.e. if there were some sort of common musical theme repeated all through the album, there would indeed be a resemblance. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2006, 06:39

The only common point between Amarok and MB is the drums in Liberation; THEY ARE IN AMAROK (i don't know where).

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
Craig Evans Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2006, 06:14

Quote (Sonilink @ Feb. 06 2006, 06:39)
The only common point between Amarok and MB is the drums in Liberation; THEY ARE IN AMAROK (i don't know where).

With help from the Amorak anyalisis on this website I learnt that the tracks with those drums on it in amorak are called "Far dip", "Africa I", and "Africa II" and "Africa III" respectively.  :)  :)

--------------
"It is good to be on Horseback" - Mike Oldfield "On Horseback"

"(Insert "The Thunderstorm" here)"
Profile PM 
6 replies since Nov. 22 2005, 01:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net