Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Release watch: Amazon< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 21 2005, 21:35

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Oct. 21 2005, 19:33)
Yes, I am still waiting.  I see now that it is being called a "special edition" and there is special price - 10% off.  I hope that when and if they decide to send it to me, I get the discount.  They have already sent me a $10 coupon due to it being late (which I used, by the way, when I preordered Episode 3).

For along time, amazon didn't have the track listing for the less expensive one. But now they do, and the one that's discounted for $18.99 doesn't include the bonus tracks; the one that's now $27.49 does. Thought maybe they'd apply the discount to my order, but apparently not--they charged over $37 to my cc, which was the initial total, including shipping.

Anyhow, my copy left Kentucky before 5AM this morning and is now two hours away from here in Earth City, just outside of St. Louis, where it has spent the entire afternoon/evening. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to make it's final journey. Probably Monday, but could be tomorrow. :)

Blind Faith--Indeed, next time I am going to be a little more astute about where I order. Although for me it's never been that much of a priority to have it quickly, it would have been nice to have saved the equivalent of another CD!  :/

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 22 2005, 09:44

Quote (Inkanta @ Oct. 21 2005, 21:35)
Anyhow, my copy left Kentucky before 5AM this morning...

I just wrote amazon to find out what is going on.  Here is their reply:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

"Light and Shade [IMPORT]" has proven to be a very popular item.  
We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun
receiving copies from our suppliers.  We are filling orders as
quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

I'm sorry that you were not notified sooner of this change in
availability.

To help compensate you for this unexpected change, I have upgraded
the shipping method for this order to Two-day shipping at no
additional charge.  The estimated delivery date displayed in Your
Account for this shipment is now November 08, 2005.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2005, 10:12

Geez....sorry to hear there is such a delay. Interesting that amazon is finding it to be a popular item.

Just checked the tracking, and my copy is 25 minutes away, a couple towns down in Palmyra (historical note without much to do about anything...founder of the pony express is buried there). I have to spirit the kids away to choir practice momentarily, and I am sooooo tempted to wait for it, except  the choir director gets pretty irritated when kids are even 30 seconds late, so...hmmm.....<procrastinates slightly....>

--------------
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2005, 11:29

What really irritates me is that I ordered mine on August 31 - way before it was to be released.  They had to know how many pre-orders they had and could have easily ordered enough to at least cover everybody that ordered it before the actual release date.

Inkanta, on what day did you order yours?

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2005, 14:26

"We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis."

They may think that's what they're doing, have it as a service expectation, goal, whatever, but here is some of my order information:

Order Date: September 10, 2005

Shipment Date: Oct 20, 2005
Estimated Arrival: Sep 29, 2005

I have no idea why yours didn't ship ahead of mine. I don't have stock in amazon, don't know anyone in Lexington (except a medical librarian! ), and do not order frequently. I just don't get it.

On the tracking page, the "shipment" date and "estimated arrival" date appear as above. What do they do, time travel?? BTW....guess it's camped out down the road for the weekend, after all!

--------------
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2005, 16:09

Now I'm really steamed.  I just wrote them again.  Let's see what they say this time.

By the way, I can't wait to hear your review!!

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2005, 22:03

Indeed, I'd like to know what they have to say for themselves. BTW, they didn't offer me a $10 coupon for a late shipment, though now it doesn't seem very late compared to those of you who ordered earlier and are still waiting.

--------------
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2005, 08:09

They don't really have a good excuse.  This time they say they are upgrading my shipping to overnight.  I'm sure the only reason I got anything from them is because I've been complaining.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Oct. 24 2005, 23:12

The package finally arrived; of course, I wasn't here, so they delivered it to the college, which nearly delayed it for a long time. I've had my first listen to it, and all I can say is wow, but I suppose I should find a review-type thread to say a few more words, eh? :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2005, 12:39

Today I received an email from amazon.com stating that my copy of Light and Shade has been mailed.  My shipping was upgraded because they were late, so I should have it tomorrow.  I'm anxious to finally get to hear it.  I sure do hope it was worth the wait.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2005, 19:03

So glad to hear that it finally arrived and that you've been able to have some listens! :)

--------------
Profile PM 
30 replies since Aug. 22 2005, 13:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net