Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Release date< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 05:08

Tubular Bells isn't mouldy, it's mature.

...Well, at least I know what I want on my toast now.  Cheese!

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 15:05

Quote (Korgscrew @ Feb. 18 2008, 02:35)
Goodness me...you've been keeping that since November, haven't you? I know some may describe the composition of Music of the Spheres as being in the Tubular Bells mould, but that's just not right...I think I'll stick to jam myself (the highly sticky substance that it is).

Photoshop + Me = @#$&%

You know, I expect there are some talented Photoshop-ers around here, somewhere. I, for one, would love to see the mental image of Korgscrew stuck to jammy toast made into visual reality.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 20:13

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 18 2008, 15:05)
Quote (Korgscrew @ Feb. 18 2008, 02:35)
Goodness me...you've been keeping that since November, haven't you? I know some may describe the composition of Music of the Spheres as being in the Tubular Bells mould, but that's just not right...I think I'll stick to jam myself (the highly sticky substance that it is).

Photoshop + Me = @#$&%

You know, I expect there are some talented Photoshop-ers around here, somewhere. I, for one, would love to see the mental image of Korgscrew stuck to jammy toast made into visual reality.

Actually my daughters loved the TB toast - they were working out how to make some in RL (oh, real life, too many online RPGs sorry  :p  ).
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2008, 01:39

26 days to... AAARRRGGHH!! I've just noticed that AmazonUSA finally has MOTS listed, but it won't be available, through them, until March 25th. Boogers!  :(

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2008, 03:07

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 20 2008, 06:39)
Boogers!

Is that a Sweetpea-ism, or a generally used expletive? I like it, whichever.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2008, 02:17

Hmmm... I'm sure I've heard it used by others, Alan, though usually in the form of 'You broke my dolly, you booger!' Besides being a favorite expletive of mine, it seemed appropriate considering the present 'eeww-factor' going on here. Moldy toast, sticky substances, and boogers should be enough to put a normal person off a discussion. Good thing TB-ers appear to be intestinally fortified. On my scale of perturbation, 'Boogers' rates a 3 out of 5, and - in this case - an exclamation mark was added due to the messing-up of my countdown. If, however, my wait were to be extended another seven weeks rather than a mere seven days, I'd be beyond 'Booger'-y and well into 'Poop'-dom. Actually, if I had to wait that long, I'd simply order from AmazonUK, which was what I did with "Changeling", but it's the principle of the thing!

If this is way too much ado about boogers, blame Alan.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2008, 03:33

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 21 2008, 07:17)
Moldy toast, sticky substances, and boogers should be enough to put a normal person off a discussion.

When I said 'I like it', I meant, of course, that it seemed effectively expressive.

(Just wanting to correct a possible misapprehension, and to try to squirm myself back into the comfortable set of 'normal' people.)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2008, 05:02

Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 21 2008, 03:33)
...try to squirm myself back into the comfortable set of 'normal' people.

"back"?  

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2008, 05:29

The Big BellEnd will enjoy this when he sees it.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2008, 15:00

It's less than three weeks to go, and things are awfully exciting what with the live performance and the release of "Spheres" coming up. Still, what I'm looking forward to is simply having MOTS in my hands. It's been a long wait. Well, it seems long - especially with the delays. After all, wasn't this originally scheduled to be released last November? Perhaps this is all 'old hat' to the veterans here, but I'm feeling a tad drained by it all. *nibbles on toast*

--------------
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 05:52

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 27 2008, 15:00)
It's less than three weeks to go, and things are awfully exciting what with the live performance and the release of "Spheres" coming up. Still, what I'm looking forward to is simply having MOTS in my hands. It's been a long wait. Well, it seems long - especially with the delays. After all, wasn't this originally scheduled to be released last November? Perhaps this is all 'old hat' to the veterans here, but I'm feeling a tad drained by it all. *nibbles on toast*

Yes, I know what you mean - luckily I still have a few CDs to catch up on in my epic "going from 2 to 20+ in a month" saga of rediscovering everything pre 1985 and discovering everything post 1985.

I'm trying to ration myself to 1 a week to make it last, but finding it difficult to do.
Profile PM 
tranquilinho Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2008, 20:10

i have been collecting all of Mike's Cds (except Earth Moving). each new cd was a pleasant surprise... until 3lunas.

i felt Mike was suffering from lack of creativity (which you can't blame on someone who created 5 master works)

Recently I heard a preview of mots in the public radio and felt pleasantly surprised: mike returned to his best. with the great help of Karl Jenkins he has given us another wonderful album, with magical moments (like the piano in 3rd track). it has some obvious quotes, but other than that it's creative and inspiring.

i can't wait til the release day, when i'll buy the cd!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 02:20

Quote (trcanberra @ Feb. 28 2008, 05:52)
I still have a few CDs to catch up on in my epic "going from 2 to 20+ in a month" saga of rediscovering everything pre 1985 and discovering everything post 1985.

It's been really interesting to read your thoughts in these forums, TR, as you progress on your "saga". I think I had spread my discovery/rediscovery over two or three months last Spring. The last time I'd had such a CD-buying spree was when I fell in love with Gilbert & Sullivan about fifteen years ago.

5 days to go (12, I think, for me).

--------------
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 02:32

Quote (Sweetpea @ Mar. 12 2008, 02:20)
Quote (trcanberra @ Feb. 28 2008, 05:52)
I still have a few CDs to catch up on in my epic "going from 2 to 20+ in a month" saga of rediscovering everything pre 1985 and discovering everything post 1985.

It's been really interesting to read your thoughts in these forums, TR, as you progress on your "saga". I think I had spread my discovery/rediscovery over two or three months last Spring. The last time I'd had such a CD-buying spree was when I fell in love with Gilbert & Sullivan about fifteen years ago.

5 days to go (12, I think, for me).

He he - that was interesting to read SweetP, went through a Classical phase myself, bought about 100 in a year.

Haven't bought a CD for around 10 years though until now - man, what I have been missing out on.
Profile PM 
Robbie Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2008, 09:00

I ordered my copy of the album last week in local music store!
I'm looking forward to hear it!  :)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2008, 14:58

I had thought to pop into my local Borders store, tomorrow, to pick up MOTS. But when I spoke with them, today, I was informed they aren't carrying that title. I suppose I could have informed them that they should and of how disappointed I was that they are obviously not the quality establishment they purport to be, but - in real life - I am not as confrontational as I am here. I like Amazon better, anyway.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2008, 17:30

Quote (Sweetpea @ Mar. 24 2008, 18:58)
in real life - I am not as confrontational as I am here.

You? Confrontational?

I challenge that statement!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 00:55

Quote (Alan D @ Mar. 24 2008, 17:30)
You? Confrontational?

I challenge that statement!

Well, I remember nearly calling you a 'curmudgeon' (for which I still feel kinda guilty), Alan, but you must be awfully thick-skinned as you barely even noticed. But then, perhaps I'm only as 'confrontational' as you are 'curmudgeonly'??

--------------
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 05:59

Quote (Sweetpea @ Mar. 24 2008, 14:58)
I had thought to pop into my local Borders store, tomorrow, to pick up MOTS. But when I spoke with them, today, I was informed they aren't carrying that title. I suppose I could have informed them that they should and of how disappointed I was that they are obviously not the quality establishment they purport to be, but - in real life - I am not as confrontational as I am here. I like Amazon better, anyway.

Just found out they have delayed the Australian release until April 12 - that is just #^%@#& !!!

So much for supporting local retailers - Amazon, here I come.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 06:08

Quote (Sweetpea @ Mar. 25 2008, 04:55)
Well, I remember nearly calling you a 'curmudgeon' (for which I still feel kinda guilty), Alan, but you must be awfully thick-skinned as you barely even noticed.

Let us unravel this:

1. I deliberately plant in your path an opportunity for confrontationalism ...
2. ... to which you respond apparently apologetically at first so as to delude me into thinking you're not confrontational really ...
3. ... but then you stand your ground after all and take the opportunity to accuse me of being thick-skinned for not noticing a previous confrontational incident.

Very clever. Fiendish, even. I am convinced. Almost.

And now, rapidly acting before the Admins sweep in and behave in both a confrontational and curmudgeonly fashion by accusing me of sidetracking the topic (which I've just reminded myself of by a quick glance to the top of the screen), let me just say how much I've enjoyed the Release Date; that I look forward to many more of them; and that I firmly believe Release Dates Are Good For You.

There. You can't get more on-topic than that.
Profile PM 
55 replies since Jan. 13 2008, 18:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net