Group: Members.
Posted: Jan. 14 2008, 01:28

March 17th, (2008?)

;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 14 2008, 06:56

Quote (manintherain @ Jan. 14 2008, 03:28)
March 17th, (2008?)

;)

Mike has confirmed himself this release date on the lastest Mail on Sunday interview on 13/01/08   :cool:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2008, 16:02

Well, we´ll just have to wait and see (or listen!;).

:/
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2008, 01:11

So it'll be March 17th? But that only gives us eight weeks to plan our MOTS release party! We need someone to supply the celestial mobiles, spherical appetizers (meatballs, cheese puffs, etc.), beer, and the piñata. We also need an MC to announce things like "two slightly sampled India Pale Ales". I'm counting on ImAFoolAndImLaughing for a round of "Name That Diddly", and I'm sure Ebony will be happy to perform an interpretive dance to "Aurora" in sparkly tights.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2008, 01:07

How about we make this our countdown thread? It could serve as an aid in staving off MDID (Mots Delay Induced Dementia). I think it's too late for Matt, but the rest of us have a chance of making it through okay.

41 days to go.

(PS: Is it just me, or is this forum now located between Tubular Bells and Hergest Ridge??)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2008, 02:57

Quote (Sweetpea @ Jan. 15 2008, 01:11)
...We also need an MC to announce things like "two slightly sampled India Pale Ales".

Would you mind if I more than slightly sample the India Pale Ales?

On the other hand the more I think about slightly sampled India Pale Ales, the more I think of medical diagnosis. So maybe I'll 'pass' after all.  :O

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2008, 05:47

41 days? time has gone quickly :)

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
imhotep Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2008, 21:57

Thanks for clarifying.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2008, 17:26

Well I have waited this long without caving in and listening to the pre release issues, BUT I know it's getting harder for me to be so aloof about it because the other day whilst driving I toally misread a sign by the road. In the UK we have an annual test for our vehicles to ensure they are road worthy and safe. It is called the Ministry of Transport Test or MoT for short. This garage was advertising Mots while you wait. It caught my eye and for one brief moment I couldn't work out why the album was being advertised on a garage forecourt!!!

It's imminent arrival is preoccupying me rather more than I care to admit!! Or have I just been brain washed??!! :laugh:

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2008, 17:31

Quote (bee @ Feb. 06 2008, 22:26)
This garage was advertising Mots while you wait.

That gets funnier and funnier the longer you think about it! We know all about the waiting bit, do we not?
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2008, 19:04

HMV are saying you are going to need a valid insurance document and your registration document to get a copy of MOTS

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 02:47

37 days to go. I celebrated by cleaning house to MO music. Dishes, laundry, filing, and general decluttering is much less tedious when you're singing "We'll fly, honey pie, into wonderland..." and playing voice-guitar to "Platinum".

--------------
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 02:17

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 09 2008, 02:47)
37 days to go. I celebrated by cleaning house to MO music. Dishes, laundry, filing, and general decluttering is much less tedious when you're singing "We'll fly, honey pie, into wonderland..." and playing voice-guitar to "Platinum".

And the excitement builds - will buy it as soon as it hits the shops - just to let Mike know that at least one Aussie still loves his music (assuming the shops here stock it he he).
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 17:05

Quote (Sweetpea @ Jan. 15 2008, 06:11)
...and I'm sure Ebony will be happy to perform an interpretive dance to "Aurora" in sparkly tights.

I'm all for the interpretive dance, but I think I'll need to moe than slightly sample the India Pale Ales before I wear sparkly tights in public!   :p

Quote (bee @ Feb. 06 2008, 22:26)
This garage was advertising Mots while you wait.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 00:06

28 days to go.

Now that MOTS is less than a month away, it suddenly feels like it's just around the corner. After all, 28 days was all it took for the Rage virus to take over the world, and it's even less than the 30 days of night the residents of Barrow, Alaska had to fend off Vampires (yes, I watch horror movies). 28 days is also the length of February (usually) and the duration of the average woman's menstrual cycle. And 28 days is - according to Judy Ravin - all it'll take to have you speaking like an American, using her "Lose Your Accent in 28 Days" system.

So, a toast to 28 days... good for films, fertility, foreign accents, and fans of MO.

--------------
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 00:56

Yes, a toast to 28 days.

...And now I want some toast.

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 02:16

--------------
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 02:27

Tubular Toast - Classic.

Can't wait for the album (either TT or MOTS).
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 02:35

Goodness me...you've been keeping that since November, haven't you? I know some may describe the composition of Music of the Spheres as being in the Tubular Bells mould, but that's just not right...I think I'll stick to jam myself (the highly sticky substance that it is).
Profile PM 
55 replies since Jan. 13 2008, 18:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net