Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: release date, Pedantic as ever< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 13 2005, 17:05

Does anyone know if the new album is to be released on the 26 or 27 September in the UK? Sure I've seen both dates mentioned in the discussions over the last few weeks. I realise this may sound a little desperate. The excitement is building now ( :) ) and I need to arrange for time off work to go and purchase the discs. ( especially as I was not the lucky person to be receiving a signed copy for being the 1,000,000 visitor to Mike's site. Oh well.....!;)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 13 2005, 18:42

My guess would be the 26th, which is a Monday.  Almost all new releases come out on a Monday.  (I usually go to HMV during my lunch hour every Monday!!;)

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
MyCoalField Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2005, 19:20

When I was younger, I used to get to my local store (the only music store in town) for the launch of every Oldfield album (although establishing this date was much harder then it is now in the internet age). Imagine my frustration when every album after Islands was met with "Sorry, we only ordered half a dozen copies because we didn't anticipate this being a popular album"

Quite often had to wait for a week after the launch date to get the album.... Now that was torture....
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2005, 20:26

Let's hope it is a world-wide release, so I can buy it here in Australia the day it comes out, and not six months later...
I suppose I can always order it over the internet.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2005, 04:02

Yes as a general rule I have had to wait 4 to 6 weeks after the release of one of Mikes albums to be able to get it here in Australia, even if you pre-order it or get it on import which I have done in the past, doesn't make any difference.

Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
4 replies since Aug. 13 2005, 17:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net