Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Related musicians or vocalists< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TimHighfield Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 06 2000, 05:30

The relevant interview is the Langeland press conference from July 29 1999, in case you're interested

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Dervish_D Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2001, 18:12

I would give "Vangelis" a try. Especially in the 70s he made awesome music - very emotive and powerful. Listen to "Albedo 0.39" or "Spiral"!
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2001, 18:27

Hence the fact that your username is also a track from the "Spiral" album, Dervish D smile. Unfortunately this is a forum for related artists, ie those who worked with Mike, and Vangelis hasn't worked with Mike (yet- See the Super Album topic in Other Artists if you wanted).

But some of Vangelis' albums are alright. Just not for this topic.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
rosko Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2001, 08:28

If you liked Jon Anderson's vocals on "In High Places" and "Shine", then I highly recommend Yes.

I discovered them just a few years ago when I bought "Close to the Edge". THIS ALBUM RULES! Most other MO fans would probably love it. It has only three tracks - lengths 18:50, 10:09 and 8:57. Their really complex songs with mysterious lyrics. I'll definately be buying more of their stuff when I get the cash, and will also try to memorise the countless lineup changes (Trevor Horn was the singer on an album called Drama, but Jon's on all the others).

Jon & Vangelis make a great duo as well. I've got "The Friends of Mr. Cairo" and it's great! It's got slightly more of a pop feel than Yes but is at it's best at the more experimental tracks (like The Mayflower and the title track). I also love Vangelis' use of synthesisers (he hates sequences fortunately).
Profile PM 
rosko Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2001, 04:20

OOPS!
TYPO!

I discovered Yes a few WEEKS ago. Not years.
Profile PM 
24 replies since Feb. 10 2000, 08:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net