Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Region codes, etc..., Can we play the DVDs here in the USA?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
privarteuniverse Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 12 2010, 19:00

Hi All -

Newbie here.  I was wondering about the new deluxe editions of Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn.  They're not being released here in the USA.  I was going to grab UK pressings from Amazon UK, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the region codes are on the DVDs.  Also if the DVDs say anything about PAL/NTSC.  One of the main draws of the new editions for me are the new 5.1 mixes.  The DVD player that I use for surround sound music won't play PAL or any region code other that Region 1 (or all region discs.)   Last year there was a reissue of Tony Banks' first solo album with a 5.1 mix that wasn't released here, but the UK pressing was compatable with North American systems.  I'm hoping the new Oldfield reissues will be the same.  

Thanks in advance for any insight that any of you can provide.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 12 2010, 21:06

Hi there.
If region code is a problem just download AnyDvd you get 21 days free trial.
And use dvd shrink to burn yourself a region free copy and use that.
Hope this helps :)
Profile PM 
Drealm Offline

Posted: June 17 2010, 08:48

Also, there are some DVD players that the region code can be removed.

The way it work is that you enter a specific code with the controller and it bring up a menu in witch you can choose the region you want, so you choose region 0 which makes all region from 1 to 6 available.

All you have to do is search Google for the exact model of your dvd player. It is normally shown on the front of the player. You include in your search "dezone" or "region free" or "unlock region" and you should easily find your code.

If it looks hard to find, it's probably because you can't do it with your model.

I have two models at home and one I found my code easily on the first page of the Google results and the other I never found it even with deep research so I concluded it don't have this option.

Once you have changed the region in your player, you don't have to do it again each time you start your dvd, it remember it (my model do so). If you want to take it back to the original region, just enter the code again and choose another region.

Hope that help!
Profile PM 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: June 17 2010, 10:51

+1 to DVDShrink, been using it for years; you also kill two birds with one stone: remove region code AND you get a nice shiny backup you can abuse to disintegration.

I'd do that in addition to setting your player to region zero, killing 3 birds this time: your player will swallow anything, and you can lend the backups around not worrying whether they'd be able to view it or not.

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
sparrow Offline

Posted: June 17 2010, 11:19

Says on both ...All regions so there should be no problem.
Profile PM 
privarteuniverse Offline

Posted: June 18 2010, 04:11

Thanks for the help everyone!
Profile PM 
5 replies since June 12 2010, 19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net