Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Rebellion punk revival festival, Guess what cover was performed.....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 04:38

"Punks not dead" banner and bands with names like "Gallows" and "F**ked up" at the Rebellion Festival in Blackpool.

So what song of Mikes gets performed - Moonlight Shadow apparently! I never did understand punk....

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 05:26

:D
Well spotted Matt.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 07:42

Quote (Matt @ Aug. 13 2010, 04:38)
"Punks not dead" banner and bands with names like "Gallows" and "F**ked up" at the Rebellion Festival in Blackpool.

So what song of Mikes gets performed - Moonlight Shadow apparently! I never did understand punk....

Well the idea of punk wasn't really to call yourself Phlegm and try and be as horrid as possible.  The real idea was that anybody could get up and play whatever it was they wanted and not be hung up on musical chops, good looks, money, or star quality.  So if someone wants to play Moonlight Shadow at a punk festival, then really you can't get much more punk than that.   :)

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 08:58

Jules - I never thought of it like that - I like your reasoning.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 10:06

Quote (familyjules @ Aug. 13 2010, 07:42)
Well the idea of punk wasn't really to call yourself Phlegm and try and be as horrid as possible.  The real idea was that anybody could get up and play whatever it was they wanted and not be hung up on musical chops, good looks, money, or star quality.  So if someone wants to play Moonlight Shadow at a punk festival, then really you can't get much more punk than that.   :)

Jules

Nah, there was a huge political agendum as well. If you follow your argument, there's not much difference between punk and karaoke.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 11:50

Quote (familyjules @ Aug. 13 2010, 12:42)

Jules

Hey that's a very positive view of punk movement Jules! My pal around that time was quite into punk (nearest I got was buying a Toyah record! ) so I was exposed to a fair bit of it. Songs like this one are more my recollection of the ethos :D

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 13:52

Quote (nightspore @ Aug. 13 2010, 10:06)
Nah, there was a huge political agendum as well. If you follow your argument, there's not much difference between punk and karaoke.

But karaoke isn't doing it yourself - somebody else is doing it for you (except the singing).

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 13:53

Quote (Matt @ Aug. 13 2010, 11:50)
Hey that's a very positive view of punk movement Jules! My pal around that time was quite into punk (nearest I got was buying a Toyah record! ) so I was exposed to a fair bit of it. Songs like this one are more my recollection of the ethos :D

Well there's good and bad punk, same as with anything.

Jules

--------------
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 18:43

I was in Blackpool last week, infact the last two week's while this jamboree was going on, I have never seen so many Punks since way back when.
Some were as old as you would expect, some young and a lot in-between, and I must admit what a grande spectacle they were.
Unfortunately I was only in Blackpool for work and had no camera, otherwise I would have snapped away.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2010, 18:48

YouTube > "moonlight shadow punk" >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9iHpg5BLZ4

:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfSHOSn_NtM

:laugh:  :laugh:
Profile PM 
9 replies since Aug. 13 2010, 04:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net