Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Rarest Track< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 17 2002, 13:48

This might be a hard question to answer,but what would be the single most rare track recorded by Mike Oldfield to get hold of?.
Profile PM 
Terra111 Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2002, 11:13

Uhh...maybe Art In Heaven...Or Orchestral Ommadawn...
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2002, 17:38

Nah, I have them both. :)
But seriously: while we are all connected to this great big monster called Internet  :), there's really not much sense (IMHO) to talk about rare tracks, of any artist. Some mp3 search engines like WinMX and Imesh can really find the unfindable. Try 'em if you don't believe me. ;) Anyway, the hardest Mike track for me to find (in its full version) was a de-noised version of Mike Oldfield's Single. Until I met one wise guy on the #mike_oldfield IRC channel who sent it to me. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2002, 04:05

you're absolutely right, Francis.....ahm Ugo....
:p
I guess the rarest track is the one I dunno about its existence all, 'cause all other stuff is avaiable somehow.
as you mentioned WinMX & others, I find 'em interesting, 'cause I  get to know other artists which really did tunes that are supposed to be from Mike (or any other artist) and called "ultra rare".
in this way I "(re-)discovered" Delerium, Dead Can Dance, Clan Of Xymox, Zemfira......just to name a few.

ciaooo,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
iancampbell79 Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2002, 05:12

Orchestral Ommadawn?  Where can I get hold of that?
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2002, 08:09

maybe it's the same that's mentioned here ?

there's also an OO on "Static 19" by "Shivaree Ensemble" and an OO-midi at http://jo.armario.eresmas.net/

ciaoooo,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2002, 18:52

Out of released music, it would be All Right Now - although there's still debate as to whether this was even released at all or not!

Out of unreleased, there's some that has leaked out - Tubular Bells II demos spring to mind - but obviously a wealth of music that virtually no-one has heard (Excalibur, which Mike played to Dark Star during the recording sessions for The Millennium Bell is a good example).

I guess the music in the Reflections documentary could count as 'released', but the video costs about £62 - so I guess not too many have a copy!

Lots of rare stuff really, but then we don't know where Mike has used his past music to create new tracks - I for one wouldn't be surprised if some outtakes of TB3 have found their way into the Tres Lunas soundtrack...

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2002, 09:54

I think the rarest track would be the theme tune Mike made for the BBC science programm "Tomorrow's World",has anyone heard it?,no what it's called?.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2002, 10:17

About Tomorrow's World, Mike composed his own theme for the programme in the mid-90s based on Let There Be Light and some other pieces from The Songs Of Distant Earth. Apparently, only 2 of the show's 4 producers wanted to use the track, so it never became the official theme. Having heard some of the music that IS used for the theme tunes, they made the wrong decision!!!

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
8 replies since Sep. 17 2002, 13:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net