Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: "Rares", Doubts about this record< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
El Bosnia Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 01 2006, 12:06

A few days ago this record named "Mike Oldfield Rares" came to my hands and I listened to it.
The one track that really caught my eye was "Tubular X" which was a rare mixture between Tubullar Bells and the X files main theme.
I didn't know anything about this album as well as the song and I'd like to ask if anybody knows them.
Is this song a Mike's composition or is just some kind of mixture or a strange jam?
Does Mike something to do with the main theme of "The X Files"?

By the way, the song is really great.

:)

--------------
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"
"Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2006, 12:16

Mike was asked to do a track for the X-Files film soundtrack. He made this mix of the Tubular Bells intro with the X-Files Theme which was included only on the european version of the soundtrack. The song doesn't sounds on the film.

About the compilation, it's the first time I hear this name but I assume it must be some kind of bootleg compilation.
Profile PM 
El Bosnia Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2006, 13:29

Excellent, thanks  :) That doubt was killing me, I swear.
In this album there are other songs but I remember just a couple now. There is a version of "Don Alfonso" and a 7'' jingle of Tubular Bells.
I will ask the CD to my friend and I will post more info about the tracks. I almost forgot that is a double CD.

--------------
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"
"Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
Profile PM 
2 replies since Mar. 01 2006, 12:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net