Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Rare Tracks< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 14 2002, 13:52

I wanted people opinion on a couple of tracks that are not so much as,not talked about yet,as i can see anyway.
That is Indian Lake,the outake from TSODE,which i really love,it is a great example of Mike's unique style,and the guitar playing is wonderfull,and someone on another forum was asking about a good track to play someone new to Mike's music,i would suggest playing Indian Lake.
The other track is Vivaldi Concerto in C,which Mike did for a christmas EP,if my memory is correct,which i find breathtaking,the playing on the track is nothing short of perfect,i love listening to it very loud in my car,if you have'nt done that yet,i would suggest it.
What does eveyone else feel about these 2 great tracks?
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 07 2002, 19:50

indian lake is an elegant peace, joyous and simple with a delightful melody...the SODE period was indeed a great creative time for mike, with the relaxation of knowing his label would support him allowing greater creative freedom...and vivaldi concerto did not deserve to be left unreleased for 17 years...although mike did not record it specifically for the christmas ep as that was released in 1993...mike should record more classical pieces in his style, as he certainly is the greatest composer of the past century...
oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Jan. 14 2002, 13:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net