Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Rare rarities< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cipher Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 15 2001, 08:01

With some effort you can find somewhere or someone with rarities and get a good copy. More o less, everybody has the most well known rarities. In fact, they're not rarities now.
I have all of them. But I'm still searching for some rare rarities that I can not find anywhere. and it seems that no one has a good quality copy of them or even a only copy.
My rare rarities are these:
- Suton Hoo (opening theme)
- Suton Hoo (ending theme)
- Reflections TV program music
- Reach for the Sky ('88 with Kevin Ayers)
- Space Movie Music testpressing (well this one is really HARD to find, there are very few copies and no-one knows where they are now...)
In fact they are TV related rarities.
Some one has any idea where to find them?
(Well I've been asking these during about 1 year everywhere and I'm getting no answer anywhere, so I don't expect so much success here...)
Profile PM WEB 
Vinz Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2001, 09:33

I know that Hifiguru (http://www.iwn.fi/~jatti003/oldfield/) has put online 'Sutton Hoo' once, but it was with a lot of noise... Now, where to find it ? I don't know... Try to write him...

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
Cipher Offline

Posted: April 18 2001, 11:48

Oh, come one, no one knows a thing about that pieces od music? I can't belive it! Please, help me!
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 19 2001, 00:00

Reflections was available from the English arts council at one time. I was told by someone that it isn't available any more and was only ever available on film. I have heard small sections of the music, but I'm afraid I don't know where you'd find it all...

I don't know where you'd find even a copy of The Space Movie testpressing, but the Orchestral Hergest ridge which was included on it isn't impossible to find (on the net, and I think there have also been some CDRs distributed between fans). You may sometimes see the video of it for sale in online auctions, like those at ebay.
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 10 2001, 16:59

A track called 'Sutton Hoo' can be found here:

http://www.tubular-world.com/download/index.htm

Sounds like the OPENING theme. -Carsten-

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Cipher Offline

Posted: July 12 2001, 11:55

Thanks a lot for your answer, now I've more data about this material. Well, I'm still working in this music investigation.
Profile PM WEB 
super macrame man Offline

Posted: July 24 2001, 08:19

Hello there.
I'm new in the forum but I'd like to explain why you're a little bit wrong about 'The Space Movie' test pressing.
In fact, the Space Movie test pressing does not contain the orchestral Hergest ridge part 1. It only contains part 2 in its entirety.
In fact, it contains a 3 minute bit of Orchestral HR part 1, but you can hear voices from space travellers on it (as heard on the Space Movie video).
This makes the origin of The orchestral HR part 1 as it appears in The Orchestral HR CD far more complicated to explain.
Any details known?
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Mar. 15 2001, 08:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net