Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: QE2 Extended, Is this a bona fide Oldfield CD release?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2005, 04:22

I have seen CD copies of QE2 Extended - 70+ minutes in total and all tracks are extended versions. Is this an official release?

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 30 2005, 04:50

I've certainly never heard of this on any MO discography. Can you give any more info on this? If I were you I'd buy a copy or try to listen to it somehow.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 

Posted: April 30 2005, 05:17

I'm going to try and buy a copy and I'll get more information to you if I'm successful.

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: April 30 2005, 06:00

the "Extended QE2" is one of the fanmade-"albums" which were created by "Pran" (a german fan whose identity is known in some places) in 2002.
the "extended" means that the album versions are taken and segments of 'em are looped (partially "untill death" IMHO).

tracklist:

Taurus 1 20:20
Sheba      6:44
Mirage      7:11
Arrival      4:18
Celt         6:18
W. Land   4:30
QE2       17:00
Conflict    4:16
Molly       2:00

the "artwork" was created using Google's "picture search" and WinOnCD (a burning-proggie).
front cover
and
back-cover
(resized for traffic-reasons)

it was and still is distributed in mp3-form only (except for the "master" and a few copies that were sent to people who wanted to "host" it on servers) so I wonder which a**hole is trying to make money of a fan-project again (some attempts to sell this one and others which were created that way as "rare studio versions" @ ebay were already stopped).

If I were you I would  not buy a copy, 'cause

- it was not the intention of the guy who created it to see copies of it sold anywhere
- it was not the intention of the guy who created the artwork(s), additionaly the girl who painted the artwork for others of these series was not asked if it's okay to sell her works and she definately didn't want it to be sold (that way)
- noone should pay anything (except for blanks & postage, if he cannot arrange a download, maybe) for something that's mp3-sourced (as I doubt that the seller is one one of the guys who got a copy of the "master") as well as selling bootlegs is something.... *&%&)§" (censored)

etc.

FYI: others created that way (with the difference that some of 'em contain artwork created by a good girlfriend of mine) were/are:

Epic 1, 2 & 3
Kettledrum 1 & 2
The Alternative 1 & 2
The Legend Of Tr3s Lunas
The Minimal MVR
Variations Of Amarok (although this 1 doesn't have artwork, so far)

Greetz,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: April 30 2005, 06:53

Thanks for the info. :) I have retracted my bid and reported the seller to eBay.

Thanks again.

--------------
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: April 30 2005, 08:03

good work, that's what these people should get.

seems that this dwarf is a bit "bigger" in the bootleg-selling business as he's selling some other boots (Katowice '99, Preston '82, Saqsaywaman, ...), too.....reported....(as well as some others)
seems that some1 even created a new front-cover for qe2 ext.
:)

greetz,

dkay

--------------
(BlackCottonMafia)

Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Posted: April 30 2005, 09:21

is that supposed to be Mike on the back cover? :/
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: April 30 2005, 10:07

Quote (Jammer @ April 30 2005, 15:21)
is that supposed to be Mike on the back cover? :/

yepp, afair that pic was taken from a -now closed- german fansite on which pics from different M.O.-decades were collected.

greetz,

dkay

--------------
(BlackCottonMafia)

Profile PM WEB 
7 replies since April 30 2005, 04:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net