Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: promotion for light & shade in the UK?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 14:26

Yeah I've always found amazon.co.uk to get me things on the release date. L+S is certainally in the shops though I noted I was the first person to pick one off the shelf at 5.30 on Monday night.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 14:51

Quote (TOBY @ Sep. 28 2005, 19:26)
I was the first person to pick one off the shelf at 5.30 on Monday night.

Ah. So we know there are at least 9 more copies out there somewhere then, Toby?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 16:07

Well they're probably still there, although I know of one other Mike fan in Edinburgh. I really don't know why Amazon haven't got it yet, have people who ordered it from Play.com recieved it? I've found them to be pretty good in past too. The reason I didn't order it online this time was that I remember placing an order for the release of Tres Lunas and then it was delayed in the Uk for about a month for some up the arse of WEA Spain reason. anyway hope you all get it before the weekend.
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 17:23

I,ve not seen one mention of this album anywhere[thank god for the intrnet i wouldn,t of known otherwise]I had to trawel through 4 record shops before i found a copy tucked away in acorner.Their has been no promotion for this at all which i find really poor. :(  :/
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 17:27

Mercury needs shooting! I work nearby as it happens, so if anybody has a parcel.....
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 17:30

I think in the UK they just aren't bothering at all. Mercury probably know where to put their resources and their money is best spent in promoting it round Europe where Mike does have more of a fan base. Just a theory anyway.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 17:41

Aha! There is movement on Amazon uk. My order is now marked as 'Dispatching soon', so presumably they have searched the length and breadth of the UK and found one. I suppose now they're trying to find a stamp for the parcel.

That means there are only 8 left out there now....
Profile PM 
26 replies since Sep. 14 2005, 08:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net