Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Promeris for dogs, stay away from it< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 03 2009, 09:13

Promeris is a brand of flea drops you put on your dog's back. My dog's vet changed from Frontline to Promeris about 6-8 months ago. Yesterday I put it on his back, third time I think. The other times he acted very miserable and the smell was gruesome. This time he became very confused, walking in circles. I was scared badly. I looked it up on the net and some horror stories are to be found about some dogs(and the humans who apply it) getting very sick. One case I read was about one guy who had 7 dogs. His vet put them all on it, so he treated them all the same day. All 7 got sick with varying symptoms, were hospitalized and the owner was too! Wow. Eddy's ok now. But stay away from PROMERIS if you love your dog.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2009, 17:56

Thanks for that Jim, is Promeris sold in the UK?? If so is it the same brand name, wondering if it'll have the same effects on cats, if so I'll want to avoid it.

Glad Eddy's OK now

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2009, 01:54

Thanks jim, i will watch for that here in oz, my parents have a dog and may be offered that new product, i hope little eddy is ok now, deb
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2009, 02:55

We use Frontline for both our dog & cat,and never had any problems with it.Many years ago(before we used Frontline) our cat became absolutely riddled with fleas one summer.Good grief what an absolute nightmare that was.The whole bloody house was crawling.I`d come home from work and sit out in the garden all night it was that bad.Seemed to take ages to kill them all off.."Yeah just turn the telly round to the window love,I`ll watch it from here..And no don`t open the window so I can hear it.Just put the subtitles on I`ll read the bugger.." Aaargh it`s making me itch just thinking about it now in fact.Pesky varmints!

Thanks for the heads-up though Jim,I`ll keep it in mind if our vet suggests this other stuff at any time in the future.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Mar. 03 2009, 09:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net