Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Problems with Twitter portal, Do you use mobile to access site?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 11 2009, 05:41

Hi everyone, many of us use a phone to access Mike's site via twitter. There is a security problem. Don't agree to give your phone number as it is not a safe site. I had to log back in via a bookmark. I was stopped from logging into this site through Twitter for not disclosing my phone no. Just letting you know.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Dec. 11 2009, 05:50

Hi, could you prove a bit more detail please. by "Mike's site" do you mean mikeoldfield.com? How are you trying to access it via twitter? What mobile device are you using?

Cheers

Matt

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2009, 06:09

Hi Matt, I will be a bit clearer. My phone has net access, most of us do. The address typed into google is Mike Oldfield ( Tubular.net)@Twitter.com. From yesterday a new Interface showed up requesting phone users to "click here". Unfortunately a security warning was issued by my server stating it was an insecure site. Therefore did not give phone no. I could not log in at all to the Forums. I think there is an IT problem with the new interface as well. Cheers
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2009, 06:11

Try to download any twitter software for your mobile,that would help!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2009, 06:23

Thanks Tati, but in order to download that software one has to give phone no. And Email address. When a security warning is issued by my service provider not to download from an insecure site, I do. Giving your phone no. And email details to this address means anyone can access your details. Don't know about you Tati but Im a bit wary due to spam and scams on computers at Uni. Don't need it on my personal phone.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Dec. 11 2009, 05:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net