Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Pre-order Light and Shade, why we should pre-order L&S< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Marky Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 09:49

I thought I'd follow the Guidance in the Dark Star magazine and pre-order Light and Shade from HMV. Boy was that a good move. They have only ordered ONE copy for the whole of bloody Wimbledon! So now I've doubled sales (assuming somebody buys the other one!;).  If we all do this in HMV, presumably we can claim a royalty from Mike!  :cool:
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 13:23

It's now available for advance order on Amazon.co.uk at last!!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 21:11

Yes, with the two extra tracks and I have already paid for my copy from CDWOW with only 16 tracks.  :(

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 23:41

Quote (Alan D @ Sep. 18 2005, 14:23)
It's now available for advance order on Amazon.co.uk at last!!

I've done it for me :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 00:07

But if they are the same price you should order from HMV to create a noticable impact

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 03:26

The great thing about ordering from HMV is that you are not obliged to buy, hence you can order it and if it doesn't cointain the bonus tracks, you can pick the album up from Amazon anyway! Ta da!
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 05:12

Marky, i'm just down the road from you and HMV Ealing has a massive FIVE on pre-order.

GOOD NEWS... Light and shade is currently at #4 in amazon UK's top 25 hot pre-release, and sales rank is #23....!!!!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 05:29

I am assuming that HMV is based in the UK as Dark Star recommended it and it IS the UK release that has the two extra tracks, but it's good that you can back out of the order. I now have to buy two of them!!!

--------------
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 06:14

That's correct. HMV is one of the most popular music stores and has a massive chain of stores in the UK.

I am hoping to see some kind of in-store promotion for the new album from them... but i won't hold my breath!!
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 12:31

I cancelled my CDWOW order (£9.99 with no extra tracks) and ordered at Amazon.co.uk (£8.99 with 2 extra tracks).  So I saved £1 and got the bonus tracks!  Not bad!

Personally I don't recommend HMV, their prices are often way too high (particularly in the stores).

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Marky Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 14:18

Moz, isn't the postage and packaging going to take the price up to roughly what you'd pay in store anyway?
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 18:10

Well, the in-store price for a new CD is usually in the region of £13.99, and the Amazon price is £8.99.  Amazon postage is usually around £2.

Anyway, I bought a couple of other CDs in the same transaction, so I got free P&P.  The additional CDs I bought were much cheaper than their respective prices in my local HMV.  Even if I'd bought the original CD from CDWOW, they didn't charge anything for shipping.

I really don't understand why people still buy CDs from music stores when they're so much cheaper online.  The fact that HMV is starting to advertise downloads in-store is testament to the continuing trend of online shopping becoming more and more common.

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 20:42

I pre-ordered it from amazon.com (U.S.) and it cost me $31.00 U.S. dollars because it is an import.  

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Blind Faith Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 23:18

Just took a look at Amaxzon.ca.

You can preorder at $16.99C or $18.99C but no details on content or why the 2 prices.

BTW here in Canada HMV and Amazon are one and the same, on the net at least.

At that price I am tempted to preorder

:cool:
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 20:28

Hello Blind Faith, Welcome to the site.

The only reason I can see why the same site would have two different prices is because the dearer version has the two extra tracks. Make sure when you put your order in that is states 18 tracks and not 16, unless of course you want the cheaper one.

Cheers,
Tracy.

--------------
Profile PM 
Blind Faith Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2005, 23:33

Got it figured out $18.99 is the UK version 18 tracks.

used the ASIN code and the detailed listing on amazon.co.uk

Put it on the wish list for now  ;)

Thanks for the tip Tracy
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2005, 12:20

just had a look on amazon.co.uk and its now 29 in the charts, thats up 6 from when i last looked! woo hoo  :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
16 replies since Sep. 18 2005, 09:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net