Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Poor MP3, Video, and CD-Audio...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
GMOVJ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 27 2000, 08:46

Well, you'll see now how beginer I am in mp3 and audio !

My pleasure is to make Home CD Audio. I collect some rare or non-rare tracks from the web (and some 'dealers';-)) and convert it in .wav with WinAmp to make private CD-Audio. I've done more than 10 private CD like that, but sometimes, my cd writer software don't accept some .wav tracks (maybe not enough kbs or khz in the original mp3 file) saying that the quality is not OK to convert it to CDA...

Q1 : how can I increase those two rates to make those files work with Easy CD Creator, even if final quality stay unchanged ? Does someones know an url to download a free software that can do this ?

Q2 : I've download some video (MPEG and AVI, DivX...), is it possible to extract soundtrack to (once again) have it on CD-Audio ? Does someone know how to do this and can he tell me what software to use ?

Prerequisit : I can't have access to any Mac or BeOs, only WinNT and HPUX and Easy CD Creator. Too bad, I'm certain I could have done this really much quickly and simply with a Mac and without having to ask you...

Thanks for replying to this newbie GMOVJ, I'm really despaired not to be able to listen some tracks in my car or at home...
Cheers, GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 28 2000, 15:38

There'll be someone here who knows more about this...
I know that Quicktime pro for the mac is able to do both of those things (it would only extract audio from MPEG and AVI movies, though - I don't think it handles DivX yet)...Quicktime for Windows isn't exactly the same, but you might find that this can do it...

Also, have a look at the software pages of www.harmony-central.com - you should be able to find audio software there that can convert sampling rates (the kHz bit) and bit rates (16bit to 8 bit etc), and possibly also something that can extract audio from video tracks.
Maybe there's something you can alter in Easy CD creator...I don't know enough about it to be able to say...There must be some experts on this somewhere...
Profile PM 
msrmohr Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2000, 02:53

Here's something that might help: Try Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com - Whenever I have wav or mp3 files that have insufficient bit and khz rates I fire up Total Recorder (set the proper recording parameters) and Winamp and re-record the files...I also clean up the wav files with CoolEdit 2000 before I burn'em. I'm thinking you could also use Total Recorder to record the audio from video clips as it will record anything you hear from your speakers. At only $11.95 reg fee I've found it invaluable!
Hope this helps...Randy Mohr
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2000, 04:15

Hi GMOVJ !

Well, I've got the same problem as you, but I can give you some tips...
First, do you know that you don't need to extract mp3 to wav to burn an audio CD with Easy CD Creator. You can burn your CD directly with mp3 and choose the option 'Audio CD' !
Second, for extracting audio from .avi, I personnaly use SoundForge 4.0 which is very performent... You may also use CoolEdit 2000 or Goldwave to denoised some mp3 which are in low quality... Search on the web, you will find where to download it... wink
Hope that will help you smile

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2000, 09:09

Thanks to all for these advice !
I'll try it soon.
Cheers
GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 26 2000, 19:41

Just a little note on de-noising...

I've found that, with some programs, unless you're extremely careful with it, the de-noising software can actually cause more problems than it solves (making some rather nasty digital artefacts similar to those you get from MP3 compression...).

Just make sure you compare the de-noised verion with the original...
Profile PM 
5 replies since July 27 2000, 08:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net