Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Plus........?, Who would you like hear as MC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 18:49

David Letterman "Number 10: grand piano" "Number nine: reed and pipe organ" ... "and the number one instrument played by Mike Oldfield: tubular bells"
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 08:35

Quote (Ugo @ Mar. 25 2008, 21:18)
Or Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.

:laugh:  :laugh:  Great idea

"One Milllllllion overdubbed guitars (evil cackle with pinkie to his mouth)"

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 09:13

Or maybe Gollum."The precious double speed guitar.he stole it from us".

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
coldsun Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 11:18

Eddie Izzard!

"Plus! Tubular Bells! Big huge bells with all their... err.. tubularness!

(writing on hand)  lost... them... here."
Profile PM WEB 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 11:33

I love this thread.       :)
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 11:47

Actually i'd like to hear  Global Police Cheif Superintendant George Dubbyuh Bush tackle it.I think he'd have fun trying to get his tongue round Tubular.If Branson can't say it correctly then he'd have no chance.

--------------
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 12:02

"Tublee-are bells"    :laugh:
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 03 2008, 12:45

Wall-E   :D

"Teeeaauuuubulaaaar beillls" - hmmm, how do you type a wall-e impression?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: April 03 2008, 14:06

I'm sure i've said this before, but Patrick Stewart. His voice is awesome.

Failing that, with comic irony, I'd have to agree with Stephen Fry - perhaps in a similar imitation to his Jeeves character. That would be impressive to hear also.

I dont know who the gentleman was that narrated the tertiary phase of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - A BBC radio play - but his voice was wonderfully ironic too. Would fit in perfect with the canon thus far also.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 08:58

If we're talking abvout the original Hitch hikers radio series from the late 70's the chap in question is Peter Jones.Great idea.How abour Marvin the paranoid android...."Two depressingly distorted electric guitars......ands me with this terrible pain in all the diods down my left hand side...god i'm so depressed"etc.Or Eddie the computer.

--------------
Profile PM 
ommadawn,ah!ooh! Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 10:07

Charlton Heston in his Waynes World 2 Reverie:

"Grand Piano?
Oh, yes, Grand Piano."

"I once knew a musician
who had a Grand Piano."

"Long time ago,
when I was a young man."

(I know he would take a 'while!' to get to >Tubular Bells,but we have the digital time...)
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 16:57

Quote (The Caveman @ April 04 2008, 13:58)
If we're talking abvout the original Hitch hikers radio series from the late 70's the chap in question is Peter Jones.Great idea.How abour Marvin the paranoid android...."Two depressingly distorted electric guitars......ands me with this terrible pain in all the diods down my left hand side...god i'm so depressed"etc.Or Eddie the computer.

LOL, yes, marvin would be great, as well as Eddy, but I believe the Tertiary Phase was recorded sometime after 2000. I remember hearing about it close to the time I registered here actually, and as the great man himself Douglas Adams sadly had already gone beyond The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe, dearly departed, they used his recorded voice from the earlier radio series.

Ah yes, here it is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...._Phases

I haven't heard it myself (although I'd much like to) so I don't know exactly which cast member it is who I heard talking on the advert, but I believe it must have been William Franklyn.

After doing a cursory image search, I can see that this is indeed the man I saw in the BBC advert - sadly Mr. Franklyn has also passed on now.

I did find him to have a terribly ironic and sardonic voice, that may have been perfect for the role though. I believe I remember him intoning things like "will arthur have a chance to wash his dressing gown?". LOL. Amazing.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 05 2008, 17:58

Wait a second!  Marvin's voice in the movie was Alan Rickman!
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: July 24 2008, 00:55

I was thinking about Arnold Schwarzneger "And ze Tubular Bells be back"

Or James Earl Jones aka Darth Vader even with the breathing noise. :D
From monty pythons, definitely Eric Iddle.

Exoticaly would sound that guy who voiced Erosennin (Jiraiya) in Naruto. Japanese ftw.  :p

Or the guy who sings "Chocolate rain"  :D
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 24 2008, 02:20

The Movie Voice Guy

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ciderginaspro Offline

Posted: July 24 2008, 03:00

Quote (The Caveman @ Mar. 19 2008, 09:12)
Following on from the Stanshall/Cleese debate i have had another idea.If Mike ever decided to do TB yet again (as if the 2003 wasn't perfect enough for the man)who would you like to hear as MC?Personally i'd love to hear the Swedish Chef from the Muppets (my hero).Just imagine for a moment that voice announcing those insruments.I can easily but my head is sometimes very odd (ask my bandmates).
 Your suggestions can be anyone,living or dead,film characters,yoou name it.
Yosamity Sam perhaps? :laugh:

oh yes, yes, the Swedish Chef  !!!  i love him !
He's my hero too , with Animal the Drummer.
It became a joke between a good friend and I , when I write to him, I tell him "The Swedish Chef"and I sign "The Möööse" (do you remember the story of the Chocolate Mooose"?)

Animal could also make the voice introducing the instruments but he's so hard to control, it would need a lot of recordings?....
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: July 24 2008, 03:07

I must suggest GLaDOS from the computer game Portal:

"As part of a required test protocol, Grand Piano"

"The Aperture Science glockenspiel will commence in three, two, one..."

"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Bass Guitar cannot speak. In the event that the Bass Guitar does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice"

"Any contact with the chamber floor will result in two slightly distorted guitars, followed by death"

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 24 2008, 03:08

My nominations are Stephen Fry, Stephen Hawking,
A Darlek -
Two Slightly distorted guitars - EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE" :laugh:
Tom Baker- He IS The Doctor- oh yes a battle between a Darlek and The Doctor,:cool:

Austin Powers "Two Slightly Distorted Guitars, That's Really Groovy Baby"

Rolf Harris- "Can you guess what it it yet- it's "Two Slightly distorted guitars""  could even add a bit of wobbleboard :cool:  

Gollum "Two Slightly distorted guitars - It's not fair, GOLLUM!!!"( makes a  loud swallowing/gulping  noise that's how Gollum got his name)  ," He  stole it from us he did My Preciousss"   :cool:

Jeremy Clarkson "Two Slightly distorted guitars- give it some POWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

The Clangers Two Slightly distorted guitars- "Peeep Peeeep Peeeep Peeeep Peeeeep Peeeeeeeeeep"  (Clanger whistles):cool:

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 06 2008, 22:45

Obama: Look, tonight all instruments are possible, they are all part of the score, they can change, they are all different, and uh, they are all united. It's music played by, uh, grand piano and reed and pipe organ, uh, glockenspiel and uh, bass guitar, double speed guitar and two slightly distorted guitars, uh, mandolin! - mandolin! - [crowd chanting: mandolin! mandolin! mandolin! mandolin! mandolin!] and Spanish guitar, and, yes we can, introducing acoustic guitar and may God tune tubular bells.
Profile PM 
mikeythewaterboy Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2009, 04:44

Hi this is my first post so here goes!!
Some MCs I'd like to hear, in no order whatsoever!

Joe Pasquale (one slightly distorted vocal chord)

Christopher Lee, he could make "glockenspiel" sound terrifying!

Chief Wiggum, "Ah, that's good bells, Mike"

The Geordie guy who voice-overs Big Brother, "It's 8:15 peee-emmm, and the house-maytes are playing Choooob-yooo-lahhrrr bellls"

Stuart Hall, the ever exuberant guy who used to do It's a knockout. "Here come the Bell-gians"

Oh well, see what you think. Don't be too harsh, please!
Profile PM 
61 replies since Mar. 19 2008, 09:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net