Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Plenty of moons...., and planets..< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 21 2003, 11:34

But where's the sun?!? We've got moons and spaceships and stars and planets galore but where is the light coming from?!?! I was just playing it again now for the first time in a while and just discovered that....

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 22 2003, 12:21

LOL

Maybe the light shines from your interior or something newagey like that... :D

¬_¬

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 22 2003, 15:45

LOL!

Or perhaps the MVR planet itself gives it's own light. Would explain why it's always changing....it's alive!

Any other suggestions? :)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2003, 16:52

Brandon --> The sun not being really there, but nevertheless shining, may be another one of the (completely-deliberately-left-in, IMHO) inconsistencies of MVR. Somewhere else I wrote about its time frames being unduly brief... try to watch the sky during the seagull-to-Easter-Island sequence and then immediately afterwards, when the snake carries you to the dolphins, and you'll perfectly realize what I mean. :)
And yes, I think that the planet is meant to be alive, or, to say it better, to be something apparently dead (at the beginning), where YOU are the one in control, the one who can bring life back to the world, by collecting rings. :) That's more or less the same concept used in Peter Gabriel's EVE CD-ROM game, the main difference being that the items to be collected in EVE are not really of the same kind... maybe Richard C. knows more about this, 'cause I don't play it since ages. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
ally Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2003, 07:13

The sun must be there, the cactus has shadow, horses have shadows....maybe the sun is very, very high, in high places.. :)
Profile PM 
4 replies since Mar. 21 2003, 11:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net