Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Platinum Part 2, guitar TAB< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jonathan Heron Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 31 2004, 03:32

I have been looking for the guitar TAB for Platinum Part 2 for a number of years and cant find it anywhere, which is a surprise as it is in my opinion the best piece of music for guitar that Mike Oldfield has ever written. Does anyone out there know where I can find it? Thanks.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 31 2004, 08:24

I don't know of any in existence, but I can tab it out for you if you like. I can't do it now because I have to go to work soon, but later on today....

You might also try the Amarok Tabbing Society in the links section of Tubular.Net. They may have it.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Jonathan Heron Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2004, 13:26

That would be great, thanks. I've already tried the Amarok Tabbing Society. I think they have the live version and intro to part one but not part 2 unfortunately.
Profile PM 
Luca Offline

Posted: Dec. 19 2004, 10:08

I got it as a guitar pro file which i can send if you like. The fingerings are all wrong, ive started to correct them but havent finished. Your more than welcome to it tho.
Profile PM 
equinoxe24 Offline

Posted: May 07 2005, 04:19

I picked up all the guitar parts from Platinum myself, without any tabs. I don't need tabs. I can play everything from hearing, and i'am very curious about the peopples they can't do anything without the tabs!   ;)
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 09 2005, 17:23

I don't read tabs. I usually just listen and play along. With the tricky sections I slow down the music a bit using wavelab.

Platinum is a fairly easy piece to play apart from the jazzy sections (towards the end of part 2 I think). I think he uses the 24th fret there, which makes things kind of difficult for me :-/

Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since Mar. 31 2004, 03:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net