Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Platinum, Into Wonderland - missing< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Punkadiddle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 12 2003, 09:33

I've recently bought Platinum on vinyl LP and Into Wonderland is missing from it.  Is this right or is Into Wonderland another name for the song Sally?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2003, 10:46

Not really...quite the contrary. :) 'Sally' is the original song, and it was pulled off the album because Richard Branson said it was too funny. Mike replaced it with a song based on the same rhythm as 'Sally', but (IMHO) very duller; the title of this new song is 'Into Wonderland'. The album cover was never changed (neither the CD one ever was...), and AFAIK all copies of Platinum currently circulating have 'Into Wonderland' and not 'Sally', even if the cover lists 'Sally'. Did you get an old vinyl copy? I'm asking you this just for curiosity's sake, because if you hear Mike and Nico Ramsden singing "Sally, I'm just a gorilla..." where you were expecting to hear "Into Wonderland"... well, you're lucky. :) :cool:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2003, 13:45

My vinyl copy says 'Into Wonderland' on the label of the record itself, though.
Profile PM 
Punkadiddle Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2003, 08:42

Yeah, I got an old vinyl copy.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2003, 20:45

ther's a lot of other threads on this subject, but if you hear "sally, I'm just a gorilla" you have found a very rare, and expensive copy. the sleeve will probably say "sally" but most versions have a song caleed "into wonderland".

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: May 28 2004, 12:15

The best way to know which song do you have at this vinyl is checking the lyrics. You have them at the lyrics section ;)
Profile PM 
5 replies since Sep. 12 2003, 09:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net