Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Piano Improvisation Sheet Music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ThisName Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 31 2011, 13:44

Hi all,

I am looking to see what interest their would be amongst the community here to purchase the piano improvisation from the recent Incantations release?

I am in no way trying to make money off Mike Oldfield but the cost (which I think is fair at £7.95 GBP) would be reflective of the time it would take to transcribe. The end result would be a beautiful authentic note for note transcription of this lovely piece.

I have contacted Universal with regards transcribing Mike's work and how I feel it would be great to eventually publish his music as I am sure there are a lot of people who would enjoy having his music in print but alas it has not been easy to get a response from them.

It is not the easiest piece to transcribe (full of irregular time signatures which I guess is reflective of his playing style) but could certainly be completed within a week (yes on top of Amarok which is going well thus far).

I guess, before I seriously put notes on the page, I need to see if there is actually a demand for this, a genuine interest in people wanting to buy this for their own use.

Let me know your thoughts becuase if the interest is low then I will probably not undertake it.

Thanks all.

Btw my next Amarok diary will be up tomorrow - with a special competition open to all and a special prize ;)

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 31 2011, 14:04

;) Go for it Man !
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 31 2011, 20:41

I imagine a lot of people would be interested in having the music in print also because there would then be definitive answers as to what the lyrics are. I'm thinking of pieces like "Resolution" here.
Profile PM 
2 replies since July 31 2011, 13:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net