[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Photos of the CDs, Taken by Oceano< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 01 2012, 07:35

Oceano posted some photos of Two Sides in this thread:

http://tubular.net/forums....&st=100

I thought it might be good to reproduce them here. Thanks again to Oceano!

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2012, 07:36

I've never had the problem with the front cover that others have. I realise it is overly reliant on the Tubular Bell motif but if you have something as recognisable as that at your disposal, it can't hurt to use it to pull some new listeners in.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Aug. 01 2012, 07:41

I thought the front cover was horrible first time I saw but I have to admit, it stands out quite well in the shop displays I've seen!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2012, 07:54

Quote (CJJC @ Aug. 01 2012, 12:36)
I've never had the problem with the front cover that others have. I realise it is overly reliant on the Tubular Bell motif but if you have something as recognisable as that at your disposal, it can't hurt to use it to pull some new listeners in.

The internet ad showed the two bells forming a double helix shape...that was so funny! A bit of an analogy with DNA...I'd say Mike Oldfield's DNA  :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2012, 19:54

@ Matt: the cover isn't great and the CDs are horrible as well. But what matters is the music, isn't it? :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
AlexS Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2012, 04:47

I quite like the artwork - I have more of an issue with the actual tracklisting! Not the "very best of" in my personal opinion. Some odd choices.

--------------
http://www.thelightdream.net
http://thelightdreams.bandcamp.com/
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since Aug. 01 2012, 07:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net