Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Pearls of Wisdom, Tell us yours< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 21 2009, 17:31

Quote (Ugo @ Feb. 18 2009, 07:23)
Quote (TEP @ Feb. 18 2009, 08:37)
Never criticize a man before you have walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do, he is a mile away with no shoes on. Can?t remember where it came from ? sorry.
Isn't this Elvis Presley? From a 1970s spoke

I love the blues bros, truly funny and they can sing, everybody is a real feel good tune,  deb
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2009, 18:55

@ Deb: I don't think "Learning to Fly" is worth to be paired with the DSotM album, because, while that album is a masterpiece on every level (sonical, lyrical and musical), the highly poetical aspect of the lyrics to "Learning to Fly" (and other Momentary Lapse songs) is not matched by the music, which is IMHO is very commonplace and not PinkFloydish at all. :)

By the way, the "Never criticize a man..." quote is really Elvis Presley: it's the beginning of his intro to "Walk a Mile in My Shoes". It's there, word-for-word, in the Elvis Lives "virtual concert" DVD, which borrows heavily from Aloha from Hawaii, so maybe it's originally from there. This means that the Blues Brothers nicked it from Elvis. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2009, 18:33

Quote (Dirk Star @ Dec. 09 2008, 08:38)
Here are some of my favouriote Top Tips as featured in local comic Viz!

An empty aluminium cigar tube filled with angry wasps makes an inexpensive vibrator.

:cool: :laugh:

What if the little blighters escape and sting you OWWWWW!!!

Here's a few more credit crunching peals of wisdom,

After dark save on the cost of light bulbs and burning electricity, by attaching a miner's lamp to your head

Why spend money on expensive window cleaning products- vinegar  really works , also makes a good loo descaler too.

Oh yes use a Spacehopper for transport around the ity, quicker than walking, no bus tube, or train fares , and excercise too.

Save on your water bill, use paper plates they can be thrown away hopefully  recycled after each meal, not much good for gravy.

Save water - bath with a friend.

Oh yes one of my favourite quotes has to be from Stan Laurel "If anyone comes to my funeral with a long face I'll never speak to him again"  

:cool:  :laugh:

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
42 replies since Dec. 08 2008, 07:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net