Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Pass from Mike Oldfield interview, Photos and scan< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Oldfieldvr Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 21 2003, 17:31

This is the photos and the scan of my pass from Mike Oldfield Interview. :D

Madrid 22-05-2003

Grettings from Spain
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: May 21 2003, 19:42

u've been really really lucky
i guess about one spanish guy who may spend this whole night wide awake... :D

disfrútalo!!!
and later tell us please... well, almost sure u'll do...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 05:02

Yes we want pictures, the whole 5.1 mix recorded with - at least - digital quality (ideally you could plug your recorder to the desk and avoid microphone noise), the whole interview recorded !!!

:D

Que lo gozes manito !!!!

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 
Ram Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 10:22

I (and I think many others) would be very happy and thankful, if somebody who had the pleasure of beeing at the press conference today could put MP3s of it here!!! (The same for the LOs40 Interview!!)

P.S.: And my gratulations, OldfieldVR! Hope you have fun there!
Profile PM 
Ram Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 10:28

I (and I think many others) would be very happy and thankful, if somebody who had the pleasure of beeing at the press conference today could put MP3s of it here!!! (The same for the LOs40 Interview!!)
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 10:54

Yes, could someone translate the questions and answers on the Los40 chat? I and everyone would appreciate that very very much! I think they are very interesting when I look at it. :)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 13:25

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ May 22 2003, 10:54)
could someone translate the questions and answers on the Los40 chat?

i'm translating it right now.
if no one does it before, i'll post it later or i'll send it to olivier.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 17:46

as i think no one has posted  it yet... here it goes.
don't pay much attention to the style... i haven't reviewed for long to make it sound better. but i think it's clear.

1: What are your plans for the future? What musical styles? Have u thought about a tour in Spain? I'd love a live 'Amarok'... Do u think it will be possible? thanks
  Mike: I want to learn how to make acrobatic flights with my radio controlled helicopter. Regarding the styles, what I want to do is music in virtual reality and u can already see that in my official web, www.mikeoldfield.com. I don't think I'll tour in Spain for the moment. And regarding Amarok, I think it's very complex to perform it live cause it would be difficult to find so many guitarists, it would be needed much time and effort.

2: I am a 18 year old boy and I'd like to ask you: in your constant evolution as an artist and as person, aren't u afraid of evolutioning wrong? maybe your previous albums were better than the actual ones.
  Mike: No, i'm not afraid of being wrong. It's a matter of opinions, there are people who think the opposite and we can't all always agree.

3: would it be possible some day to have an ommadawn 2?
  Mike: No, but I may work in a 5.1 remix.

4: Don't u think that after albums like 'The Millenium Bell' or 'Tubular Bells 3' u've somehow left your style?
  Mike: No, I'm always surprised by the diversity of opinions I've seen in the different webs.

5: Will it be the last Mike Oldfield's album? i hope not.
  Mike: I also hope it's not like that. I'm having a cup of coffee and hope it's not my last cup of coffee.

6: Is Tubular Bells an unsurpassable masterpiece or do u think other works of yours surpass this? imo "Tubular Bells ll" is better. Maya Gold touches me.
  Mike: I hope u enjoy the new recording of TB2003.

7: Did u improvise in Ambient Guitars in TB 1973?
  Mike: yes, it was pure improvisation.

8: Don't u feel yourself undervalued due to the kind of music u write?
  Mike: In Spain my music is indeed appreciated. In some countries it is, though possibly it's music for connoisseurs (a certain sector)

9: Do u think TB 2003 will have the same success as the original from 1973? I think 16 millions copies is something unattainable. good luck.
  Mike: I don't think it reaches that level of success, though possibly, along years and in the different formats, it can reach those figure. Thanks and good luck also for you.

10: When will we have a new album without so many tubular bells and more scottish bagpipes like in 'Voyager? I've got all your discography and I'm tired of so many Tubular Bells reeditions. Are u going to renew your contract with warner spain to make more albums in forthcoming years? Sergio, 29 años, Oviedo.
  Mike: I like all sorts of music, I'll make more celtic music, but maybe not a complete album. Actually there has just been one new recording of Tubular Bells. I'm glad to work with Warner Spain and with its friendly people.

11: Hi Mike!. What is the instrument without which u could not live?
  Mike: The guitar.

12: Mike, have you got idea of how many millions of records you have sold up to the moment? have you got a web?
  Mike: The web is www.mikeoldfield.com. I think i may have sold around 25 millions copies.

13: I think your music awakes our sensitivities. Thanks. Who or what influences u to make your music?
  Mike: It's a great mistery for me. Sometimes it emerges from my inside, from my emotions, from my heart and as I sometimes say, from an unidentified misterious place.

14: What is the album you are more proud of?
  Mike: Always the last, that's why now it's tb2003.

15: What is the thing that has given u in your life the most satisfaction?
  Mike: It may be to cook my sunday's dinner: roast meat with potatos.

16: The most valued works by your fans are those that contain a complex instrumental work performed with traditional instruments like 'ommadawn' or 'hergest ridge'. will u ever work on an album in this style or in the opposite will u go on with simplicity and computers?
  Mike: In a press conference this morning I asked the audience whether I should compose short pieces of music or long instrumentals. Most of them chose instrumental works. Now I'd like to do it with a mix of traditional instruments and computers.

17: In this recording of Tubular Bells, excepting keyboards and synths, are the rest of the instruments real? or have any of them been performed by software? Have u added chamber music to the album?
  Mike: No, they are all traditional instruments. I've replayed them again with a bit of synth. No, I haven't added chamber music.

18: I admit the music I like the best is the one from Mike Oldfield, Art of Noise and Jean Michel Jarre, but I've got a doubt, how have you chosen female voices along years?
  Mike: Sometimes I like having female voices in some of my themes. For example, in 1978 I included Maggie Reilly's voice. I decided that I wanted her to sing 'Moonlight Shadow'

19: Hi, I've got Tr3s Lunas and the bells trilogy, and i love your music. Have u got something on mind for the moment you make the videos of this last work in Spain? Will you do them like the videogame in Tr3s lunas (by the way very well done)? thanks. Cecilia.
  Mike: I'm working on one of them. It will probably be ready for the end of this year and it will be called 'The Tube World'. Thanks.

20: Mike, I've never listened anything compared to 'Five Miles Out', specially 'Taurus ll'. is this the album with what you felt more emotionally committed with?
  Mike: What I did in that case is to have Phil Collins on drums and later I worked it out to make it fit the band.

21: Will it be a premiere for TB2003?
  Mike: No, there's not going to be a live concert. It has been made a launch for the press.

22: It's said that Tubular Bells is copy protected, what do you think about bootlegging?
  Mike: My computer programs are prepared in Spain, on the other hand I've also been talking about the matter with my lawyers. I've got opposing feelings about it, I think if I were young I would like to copy all my favourite music, but there's people starting their careers... how could they follow their careers if they don't sell their music?

23: Many people think the main reason for the re recording of tubular bells was that Mike Oldfield had run out of ideas. I'd like to know your opinion about that.
  Mike: When this project began, it was the first idea that came to my mind, but I have to tell you  taht I've got plenty of ideas for new compositions. However it's also true that it was the right moment to re record Tubular Bells.

24: what will be the new thing about the music in the Tube World?
  Mike: It will be ambient music cause it's the music that best fits with a computer game.

25: You have worked around a lot of different musical aspects: pop, contemporary instrumental music, new age, soundtracks, electronic, etc... Have u ever thought about doing an album completely classical? Thanks Mike, you are the most creative musician in our time.
  Mike: I don't have a classical training though I sometimes use orchestras. I prefer doing things on my own.

26: Hi, I'm iñaki from Pamplona. I read the interview in which you commented that you'd like to make an album with celtic sounds, have you ever thought about some collaboration with any of the spanish celtic musicians (with international fame). It would be great. Greetings and thank you for being in all your fans' lives.
  Mike: In my last tour, the gallegos Luar Na Lubre performed with me. I love this kind of music, but for my next project I am not going to include this kind of music. Greetings and thank you for your kind words.

27: I've read u want to take a rest and enjoy life... does it mean we are not going to see more new compositions in a long time?
  Mike: I'm in a moment in which I'm thinking about what my next project will be. I'm not clear about it. For the moment we will enjoy TB2003 and The Tube World.

Farewell message: Thank you for your messages and very specially for the fact that you enjoy.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 18:05

Great! Thank you very much maria!!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 18:42

Much apreciated Maria, a very revealing chat. Have started a new topic in the General Discussion section as a result.

ps Promise to email soon :cool: chao X
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 23 2003, 07:44

Hum...wait 'til you see the pics from the event...I thought that Mike was joking with us when he said he's shaved his head....LOL....

See it here(thanks OldfieldVR for that):
Pic from TB 2003 Press Conference

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 23 2003, 08:29

I'd not exactly call that shaved, thats the length of my hair :cool:
Profile PM 
11 replies since May 21 2003, 17:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net