Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Part Three Question< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
natertb Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 14 2005, 16:39

On Part Three, the second part with the vibes and the african drums has a very quiet electric guitar being played at the beginning of that section. My question is: Is it supposed to be that soft or was that not supposed to happen? I know Incantations has a lot of mistakes, but is this one of them?

--------------
Waiting hour by hour...
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2005, 19:48

I think it's a mistake. It sounds to me like a 'trailing' of a downward-slided note, from a guitar that Mike overdubbed to double-track [or maybe triple-track? :D] the main one.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Chris Ibberson Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 06:07

Quote (natertb @ Jan. 14 2005, 16:39)
On Part Three, the second part with the vibes and the african drums has a very quiet electric guitar being played at the beginning of that section. My question is: Is it supposed to be that soft or was that not supposed to happen?

I also would prefer that beautiful guitar to have far more prominence especially as it leads up to THAT solo of which I never tire. I also wish that Incantations deluxe could have used the Spell For Creation out-take from Space Movie

--------------
Diana Luna Lucina
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 14 2005, 16:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net