Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Over öne hundred thousand lives lost ìn Haiti, Prayers for them< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 15 2010, 21:44

The earthquake that hit Haiti has caused the loss of over 100,000 lives. This tragedy is the worst since the tsunamis in the South Pacific. The population of Haiti has been decimated. Generations of families gone, just like that. Nothing can prepare us for a tragedy on this scale. Images on the screen seem far away, unreal, not in our country. I would like to pray for those who survived the quake, and for those lost forever. We don't realise how fragile life can be. Tragedies like these could happen to us at anytime. Lets all be thankful for the life we have, Deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 01:19

You are correct. Terra changes regardless of what goes on around her. To be more accurate, on top. Geological disasters are the worst, tsunami/earthquakes. While tragic, it seems the resources for "relief" efforts are dwindling with said resources having been allocated to the man-made disasters. IE relief for war torn populations. Relief efforts for hurricanes that continue to grow in size and intensity due to warming of the oceans. Eliminate the unneccesary disasters and you have a greater pool of resources for the natural ones plus a faster response time. It's been suggested some relief efforts have been poorly or slowly organized. Going backwards to before Katrina that's not really true. It's a matter of eliminating unnecesary waste of resources. Get rid of the wars, Haiti and many others would have been more swiftly dealt with. I think Graham Nash would agree. I did see much coverage of Haiti tonight. It's not just brutal, it will curdle the soul. Yes, I am thankful for what I have. I bitch about the awefull weather here in Austin. But now I can see......I can see what I've avoided and wonder. If I could have given Eddy back to his first owner and trade my Apt. to a Haitian family a month ago, for "their place"......I would have done it. I'd be dead now, but I woulda done it.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2010, 08:32

It's one of the worst things i have ever seen.The sheer scale of the devastation bought me close to tears.They say it was what they call a 'shallow quake' maning that it was close to the surface the net result of which is that it devastes everything on the surface.I cannot comprehend what would happen of such a thing happened in this country let alone the single poorest country in the west.
 My company immediately sent £28000 to the relief fund but this is a drop in the ocean.
My heart goes out to familes of those who have lost not just all their wordly posessions but loved ones too.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 15 2010, 21:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net