Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Outtakes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
AlexS Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 24 2007, 09:31

Apparently there was a lot of music reorded for TBIII that never made it to the final cut. I often wonder what these were like, or if Mike will ever release any such 'rarities'. I'd be really interested to hear what else came out of the TBIII sesions.

Personally I loved the excerpt on XXV - I still prefer it to the final version of 'Secrets'... not sure why, just something about it. I wonder if the unused tracks were of a similar style...

--------------
http://www.thelightdream.net
http://thelightdreams.bandcamp.com/
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 24 2007, 15:49

Quote (AlexS @ July 24 2007, 09:31)
Personally I loved the excerpt on XXV - I still prefer it to the final version of 'Secrets'... not sure why, just something about it. I wonder if the unused tracks were of a similar style...

I don't know anything about unreleased recordings from TBIII, Alex S, but I'm curious... how does XXV's excerpt differ from "Secrets"?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 24 2007, 19:28

It's got a male voice (Mike?) singing different words from Amar's "Mushikill beda, too hey kaha" [or whatever the spelling is!! :D] on the album release.The male voice sings something like "Dedicate mahàs, déyn taràn hyà". :D Its presence is the main difference from the album mix. There also are differences in the instrumentation, but overall it's pretty much the same. I've got this version on mp3, PM me if you want it. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 03:49

Quote (Ugo @ July 24 2007, 19:28)
It's got a male voice (Mike?) singing different words from Amar's "Mushikill beda, too hey kaha" [or whatever the spelling is!! :D] on the album release.The male voice sings something like "Dedicate mahàs, déyn taràn hyà". :D Its presence is the main difference from the album mix. There also are differences in the instrumentation, but overall it's pretty much the same. I've got this version on mp3, PM me if you want it. ;)

Thanks for the offer, Ugo. I would have taken you up on it, but - thanks to a little birdie - I've since been able to hear the version in question. As you've said, it's pretty similar to the album version, but the male vocalizing provides a unique sound. I really like both versions and couldn't choose a favorite between the two.

It would be nice to have an official 'rarities' release, wouldn't it? Not just for TBIII, though. For example, I also rather like the non-album (The Millenium Bell) version of "The Doge's Palace" that I've heard.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
AlexS Offline

Posted: July 25 2007, 04:52

I always preferred the male vocal part and the more simplified backing part.

That track came as a bright light in a dark time for me when I first heard it, so I thinkk I've always valued it for the optimism it gave me at the time.

--------------
http://www.thelightdream.net
http://thelightdreams.bandcamp.com/
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since July 24 2007, 09:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net