Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: OTHER TSODE LIKE CDS, ARE THERE OTHER CDS LIKE TSODE??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tsodefan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 11 2004, 20:06

Well I've just joined this group.Can anyone tell me if you've ever heard a CD quite like TSODE?? It's one of the Most beautiful ones I've ever heard.There's a group in Germany called SHAPED SiGNS that has a CD   Close to it in the same style.As a project can you list any CDS that remind you of or sound similiar to TSODE?? Thanks,tsodefan
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2004, 11:48

Try Enigma, I'm not an expert on them so I can't tell you what album exactly, but they definitely were an inspiration on Mike when he made TSODE. Also, Mike's own Tr3s Lunas isn't a million miles away stylistically.
Profile PM 
tsodefan Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2004, 16:14

Thanks,Holger. I have CDs by Enigma and also have the TR35s Lunas CD. There are many Enigma CDs. Have any of you heard of Robert DeFrenses "Atlantis.....???" It's sort of a "TSODE-AT-SEA" CD.Any others anyone can think of?? Thanks,tsodefan
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2004, 17:22

You probably have that also, but I think you'd like the tracks "The Watchful Eye", "Jewel In The Crown", and "Moonwatch" from Tubular Bells III.
Profile PM 
Luca Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2004, 10:12

You should check out tr3s lunas II which is made up of tracks from the game  :)
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2004, 18:40

Let's have a look...

Short of Mike the Shaped Signs' Nature's Odyssey would be my first choice as the closest music to The Songs Of Distant Earth but you already know that.

After that, my second choice is Enigma, Amethystium and Robert de Fresnes. They usually don't use guitar though.

The third one is Langdana. He's a German composer and Oldfield-fan who also creates atmospheres with guitars above loops and pads around them.

I feel Vangelis' Oceanic similar to TSODE, too.

But I see great potential in Viper - who presented his music on this board, too - to compose a very TSODE-like album. :) At least, his "Blue Zone" is very TSODE-like.

I also look for TSODE-like music, so if you know some, please tell us. :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
tsodefan Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2004, 20:30

WOW!! Thanks everybody. I have TB3 and yes, it and the Millennium Bells are both great. Of all the "Bells" I love TB3 the best!! Tr3s Lunas is great ,too but I don't have the game.
NOW MORE TSODE LIKE MUSIC!!!!!

Now other TSODE LIKE music are the following:::
"For Whom The Bell" by CODE INDIGO
"COLOURS" And "Geographica" by FRank Van Bogaert

Code Indigo is a super team made up of 2 popular Ambient
artists (as well as others).DAVID WRIGHT and ROBERT FOX.
The CD "FOR WHOM THE BELL"is strange but beautiful.It seems to be a celebration of a man's life and finally death.If anyone has it, is please tell me your impressions!!

BEst,tsodefan
Profile PM 
6 replies since Nov. 11 2004, 20:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net