Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Orrible Orange< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
FMO Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 08 2001, 08:13

Does anybody have anything interesting information about this piece of music by Mike Oldfield, David Bedford & Kevin Ayers ?
It's one of those humorous songs like Speak (Tho' you only say farewell). I think that you can find Orrible O. on some Kevin Ayers album, just don't know which one. Any opinions / information about the song? Replys appreciated! wink

FMO
Profile PM 
Cipher Offline

Posted: June 21 2001, 05:34

Um, I think that that song it's only found in a 7" single. It's one of the few pieces of MO music I don't have...
Profile PM WEB 
FMO Offline

Posted: June 21 2001, 07:34

Yup, it's quite rare. I Have it on cd, but it's really low quality. I would love to own a good quality copy of it. (Same thing with Froggy Went A-Courting) It has some of the most humorous lyrics ("I'm a chemical kebab... you shouldn't eat me" etc. etc.) and the repeative "choir" is also funny.

FMO
Profile PM 
Cipher Offline

Posted: June 28 2001, 07:32

There's a certain number of rare tracks that only few people are aware of their existance. After a lot of years I've found some of them, others, eventually, can be found in new CD (like the one in Carl Palmer last 2CD), but there's a lot of them that I can not find anywhere.
Reflection - Arts Council Documentary
Aubrey - Cartoon
Sutton Hoo (Opening and Ending Themes)
Tomorrows World - Science program
Ask me no questions
"Irish Air" from the Amarok sessions.
Blaydon Races
Marseillaise
O Sole Mio
Theme of Reach for the Skies (with Kevin Ayers 88)
I call these the Rare Rarities. When I post this anywhere, usually the answers are equal to zero.
Profile PM WEB 
super macrame man Offline

Posted: July 25 2001, 05:46

Orrible orange can be found on an official Kevin Ayers live CD called 'Banana Folies' (with A. Leggat) and D. Bedford.
It has been recorded and broadcast by BBC radio 1 back in 1972 or 73.
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since June 08 2001, 08:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net