Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Orabidoo spoken word< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 11 2010, 07:58

Quick question concerning Orabidoo.In the second movement with the vocoder there are a couple of snatches of spoken word.Sounds like italian (although i could be very very wrong).Anyone know what is being said?

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Feb. 11 2010, 08:19

5.6 Who says "Don't come in again like that" in Orabidoo? Is it from a movie?

The film is called 'Young and Innocent', and was directed by Alfred Hitchcock. The scene is at the end of the movie. The two young protagonists have been framed for some crime and are on the run from the police. Their only hope is to find the real criminal who is currently playing the drums in a black and white minstrel band in a restaurant. When the villain sees the police looking for the two heroes, he thinks they are looking for him and this triggers a ridiculous nervous facial twitch - which he knows is the only thing that will give him away. It is therefore imperative that he turn his back on them. This he accomplishes by improvising a xylophone break during the number the band are playing. It's not very good and at the end the band leader comes up to him and says, "Don't come in again like that, it isn't funny and I pay someone else to make the orchestration."

Source: Tubular.net - FAQ
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2010, 08:24

Not that far into it.It's really early in the peice.When the vocoder is doing it's thing.Thanks anyway

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2010, 16:27

@ Caveman: I know exactly what you're talking about. It's not Italian, but English spoken with a French accent. It's "Let's take (or "make") another momént" [stress on the E of "moment"] and "Yeah, let's do it specific" [stress on the second I of "specific", which is actually written "spécifique" in French]. Some time ago Korgscrew interpreted the sentences as "Let's make a thunder move in" and "Yeah, let's do it very quick". I'm not sure about these renditions, and I'm also not sure about their source. Maybe it's the same film mentioned by Sir M. above.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2010, 02:55

Great thanks.That's been bugging me for years.I bought it when it was released in 82 and never known!

--------------
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2010, 20:55

I hear:

"Let's make another more message"

"That as I do is specific".

If you hear the section reading to these it sounds exactly as you read, I think.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 19:00

@ Delfín: "Another more message" doesn't make sense in English, and "That as I do" doesn't really make much sense either. If the phrases are taken from a film or something like that (which is highly probable) they can't be meaningless phrases. Of course it may also be someone who can't speak English properly, but to me is more a matter of wrong accents (as I said above) than of wrong grammar.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2010, 19:32

Of course, Ugo, I agree with you those two sentences don't have any far meaning, but I was just saying that's what they actually sound exactly to me.

I can hear clearly an 's' in the phrase 'Let's make -whatever- messy, message, mercy... something with an 's'.

I don't hear 'Yes, let's do it' because let's would be two sillabes, not one. It would rather be something like 'But as I do is more specific' or something like that.  It's not 'yeah let's do', but more sillabes, something like 'Dada's I do'...

I think Mike should take his time to clear up these doubts because our debate is becoming long and a little bit awkward... never thought I would end up being so much scientific about it.

Mike: 'DAD US AND DO IT MORE SPECIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'  :p  :cool:  :/  :laugh:  :laugh:

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
7 replies since Feb. 11 2010, 07:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net