Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Orabidoo lyrics< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 08 2004, 05:26

I don't mean the "Ireland's Eye" lyrics but the vocoded stuff. It's clearly English words being sung but I can't really seem to figure them out. Anyone else had more luck? (I get the impression that it has something to do with flying as well, but I might be totally wrong...)
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: May 08 2004, 07:11

It shows the lyrics for Oribadoo on the Amarok player tracklist for FMO. It continues the flying theme in the lyrics

You might find it somewhere on the web. I can't be bothered to look it up or to work them out myself for a transcription. Off the top of my head, two of the lines are "Message comes from Katmandu / Sky is blue and clear"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 08 2004, 08:09

There's actually a transcription here. I've never really checked to see if it's accurate or not, but it seems close.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 08 2004, 17:39

Thanks!  :)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 08 2004, 18:24

I think that this is much better. :) This page is taken from a (rather good, IMHO) Czech website, but it's on hundreds of other places on the WWW, including amadian.net. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 08 2004, 18:52

I couldn't say it's much better, but it does pick up a few words that are missing from the tubular.net version. We can sort that out...

'Soaring over country land' isn't right - there aren't enough syllables in what's sung! It may be 'soaring over land'...it goes a bit strange

I'd need a bit of convincing on the "Let's make another moment" sample - it sounds like "Let's make thunder move in" to me. The second starts with "Don't have to do..." with the next word sounding like 'extra' - it's certainly doesn't sound like "Yeah, let's do it specific" though the end does sound like 'specific'.

I see the tubular.net transcription is wrong with the "...and I pay someone else to make the orchestrations" line. I'll try and assemble a definitive version of this and we can change all that. To be really honest, some of those vocoded lines are so unclear, they could be just about anything!

Orabibidet, as it may...
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 08 2004, 20:28

Quote (Korgscrew @ May 08 2004, 18:52)
I see the tubular.net transcription is wrong with the "...and I pay someone else to make the orchestrations" line.

But I liked the tubular.net version so much!  :D
Anyway, nice to see I started something that might turn out to result in a useful piece of Oldfieldology here  ;)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 09 2004, 18:55

Quote (Korgscrew @ May 09 2004, 00:52)
'Soaring over country land' isn't right - there aren't enough syllables in what's sung! [...]

I'd need a bit of convincing on the "Let's make another moment" sample - it sounds like "Let's make thunder move in" to me. The second starts with "Don't have to do..." [...]

1) May it be perhaps 'soaring o'er country land' ? ;)

2) The ending of the first sample is, to my ears, "another momént", with the accent on the E like it was French. :) The next one, I hear it as "Yah, let's do it specifìque" [French accent yet again. :)] I just can't hear "Don't have to do". Maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker? ;)

Anyway, very good points overall, Richard.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: May 09 2004, 21:44

Quote (Ugo @ May 10 2004, 00:55)
2) The ending of the first sample is, to my ears, "another momént", with the accent on the E like it was French. :) ... The next one, I hear it as "Yah, let's do it specifìque" [French accent yet again. :)] I just can't hear "Don't have to do". Maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker? ;)

I hear an 's' or 'z' at the end of the first sample - as it was completely a French version of the film. ;)

About the second one - it's very strange but I think it's not 'Yeah, let's do it' at the beginning.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2006, 19:00

The second sample sounds a little bit German to my ears... am I right in thinking I can hear the word "Deutsch"??

Any thoughts?  :/

Tony

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
9 replies since May 08 2004, 05:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net